Having issues updating windows 10 to version 20H2

Ritsukashy
Go to solution Solved by Surestgarlic2,
Just now, Ritsukashy said:

yeah I feel like I do need to do a clean install. just wanted to avoid it since i would need to get my applications all over again and set them up again but I don't have anymore options I guess.

start a USB setup from windows and it might work

Hello I have been trying to update me windows to version 20H2 and i keep getting the error code (0x80007000d). i have tried multiple things from online already like going into safemode and deleting the windowsdistributable files and some other cmd stuff and even tried to do a windows upgrade with the media creation tool and it failed. i dont know what else to do other than completely do a OS reinstall which i would prefer to avoid as i have a lot of things installed. Any help would be appreciated.

2 minutes ago, Surestgarlic2 said:

OneDrive? back up ur stuff and then upgrade maybe idk

I have tried doing a windows upgrade and it failed already its in the original post msg. If you mean I should do a clean install that's what I'm trying to avoid. 

2 minutes ago, Ritsukashy said:

I have tried doing a windows upgrade and it failed already its in the original post msg. If you mean I should do a clean install that's what I'm trying to avoid. 

I get what you mean and I have had the same problem I'm sure there is a solution but when I was trying to upgrade I had to do a clean install because the setup kept crashing it was a pain in the ass good luck maybe make a USB with windows 10 upgrade tool and then start setup.exe from usb

1 minute ago, Surestgarlic2 said:

I get what you mean and I have had the same problem I'm sure there is a solution but when I was trying to upgrade I had to do a clean install because the setup kept crashing it was a pain in the ass good luck

yeah I feel like I do need to do a clean install. just wanted to avoid it since i would need to get my applications all over again and set them up again but I don't have anymore options I guess.

Just now, Ritsukashy said:

2 minutes ago, Surestgarlic2 said:

Hmm could work since last time i tried upgrade was just from desktop app. I'll try it and see how it works thanks for the suggestion

1 hour ago, Surestgarlic2 said:

OMG!!! THANK YOU IT WORKED FROM USB!!!! I've been trying to fix this for like 8 hours. Thank you so much for the help saved me over a week of pc setup from clean installs. 

21 minutes ago, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

Disable your antivirus software for the time of the update.

i have tried that as it was a suggestion from websites sadly it didn't work still