Is the Airflow in the Corsair Carbide 175r good enough for an air cooled RTX 3080?

King of Memes

My friend is upgrading and wants to use this old case he already has. But the RTX 3080 runs hotter than a gtx 1070, and I’m wondering, does he need to upgrade his case? I know the front panel restricts airflow, but it looks like the top lets in air. Thank you for your help!

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now

14 minutes ago, King of Memes said:

My friend is upgrading and wants to use this old case he already has. But the RTX 3080 runs hotter than a gtx 1070, and I’m wondering, does he need to upgrade his case? I know the front panel restricts airflow, but it looks like the top lets in air. Thank you for your help!

good for airflow? problably not but one thing you have to take into account is the 3080. how long is it? how wide? where are the power connections? 

for this i just picked an EVGA 3080 that appears to be the smallest because i know they put the dimensions into their tech specs. 10G-P5-3885-KR_LG_100.png (3505×2599) (evga.com) the numbers are in mm (milimeters). according to the GPU is used as an example, it just barely fits inside the case with it being about 285mm long.

if you or them are looking for an upgrade. i would look into the fracal design meshify series of cases, the corsair 4000D airflow and the corsair 5000D airflow. 

12 minutes ago, tdkid said:

good for airflow? problably not but one thing you have to take into account is the 3080. how long is it? how wide? where are the power connections? 

for this i just picked an EVGA 3080 that appears to be the smallest because i know they put the dimensions into their tech specs. 10G-P5-3885-KR_LG_100.png (3505×2599) (evga.com) the numbers are in mm (milimeters). according to the GPU is used as an example, it just barely fits inside the case with it being about 285mm long.

if you or them are looking for an upgrade. i would look into the fracal design meshify series of cases, the corsair 4000D airflow and the corsair 5000D airflow. 

Whoops. I did not take that into account. I will definitely maybe sell his old 175r for maybe a meshify c. Thanks

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now