Wirelesss headphone/headset advice

Goldman

Hey guys, i've been thinking of going wireless with my audio, but i'm doubting heavily about what to get.

i don't really need a microphone(got a cam with mic right now) so my main focus is audio quality. I'm doubting between a corsair virtuoso or a hyperx cloud 2 wireless, but i dunno if there's any other one i should be looking at. Most non-gaming headphones are BT only, which kinda discourages me (my mobo has BT, but i'm not sure if that would suck, heard bad things about the latency). Any suggestions?

11 minutes ago, goldman said:

Hey guys, i've been thinking of going wireless with my audio, but i'm doubting heavily about what to get.

i don't really need a microphone(got a cam with mic right now) so my main focus is audio quality. I'm doubting between a corsair virtuoso or a hyperx cloud 2 wireless, but i dunno if there's any other one i should be looking at. Most non-gaming headphones are BT only, which kinda discourages me (my mobo has BT, but i'm not sure if that would suck, heard bad things about the latency). Any suggestions?

Honestly if you value sound quality don't go wireless.  The Cloud 2 wireless is one of the best sounding wireless 'gaming' headset out there. If you're willing to try out wired options, can you define your budget and what you want in the headphone/headset (please specify which), and if you'd be willing to try out open-back headphones (sound can travel in and out of the headphone)?

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

19 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

and if you'd be willing to try out open-back headphones (sound can travel in and out of the headphone)?

Which means audio will most often be more balanced and neutral with a punchy sound and smoother detailed treble still retaining good mids not being ruined by overpowered bass. Much better for both gaming and music if you don't have too much noise around in your room.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

I value audio quality but i'm sorry to say my hearing is not good enough to notice the diference, i realized when i went from a gsp 300 to a hd58x, and tbh i didn't notice any difference (ofc other than my ears reciving some oxygen since for the first time in a while lol). i bought 'em together with a friend who has better hearing than me and he did notice(neither of us had an amp, so i could blame the integrated sound card, but i'm pretty sure that's not it).

That's why i'm going the confort route and going wireless

3 hours ago, goldman said:

I value audio quality but i'm sorry to say my hearing is not good enough to notice the diference, i realized when i went from a gsp 300 to a hd58x, and tbh i didn't notice any difference (ofc other than my ears reciving some oxygen since for the first time in a while lol). i bought 'em together with a friend who has better hearing than me and he did notice(neither of us had an amp, so i could blame the integrated sound card, but i'm pretty sure that's not it).

That's why i'm going the confort route and going wireless

Then the Cloud 2 wireless are gonna be your best bet.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)