High cpu usage in background

Mando772004

image.png.478a7f3481a9c00f80d4bc6b6b701be1.png

why is this happening im not running anything demanding. cpu is 5800x at stock speeds

1. Windows update, check it

2. disable all "special" Search features

3. make sure that you have adequate cooling

Just now, Albert F said:

1. Windows update, check it

2. disable all "special" Search features

3. make sure that you have adequate cooling

i have good cooling i have 360 radiator on top 2x 200mm fans on the front and 1 fan at the rear

1 minute ago, InfernalClaw said:

i have good cooling i have 360 radiator on top 2x 200mm fans on the front and 1 fan at the rear

I know nothing about radiators but maybe the pump is stuck/clogged. you might want to check it

Just now, Albert F said:

I know nothing about radiators but maybe the pump is stuck/clogged. you might want to check it

its brand new but ok

52 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

its brand new but ok

Make sure the CPU block is mounted correctly and that any protective plastic cover is removed from the CPU block before installing. What are your core voltages running at? Use HWinfo64 to check that under Sensor readings. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2 hours ago, SpiderMan said:

Make sure the CPU block is mounted correctly and that any protective plastic cover is removed from the CPU block before installing. What are your core voltages running at? Use HWinfo64 to check that under Sensor readings. 

i think its a task manager issue games r running extremely fine. here is a pic of hwinfo image.png.f23eb1ae4023ed99014990ae690e1999.png

1 hour ago, InfernalClaw said:

i think its a task manager issue games r running extremely fine. here is a pic of hwinfo 

~Snipped Photo~

Oh strange, open up Resource Manager to the CPU tab and filter it so that the Threads column is going from greatest to least. Now, what processes are at the top of the list of processes?  

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

Oh strange, open up Resource Manager to the CPU tab and filter it so that the Threads column is going from greatest to least. Now, what processes are at the top of the list of processes?  

image.png.0b7949c4d454954df0dbcf19ab67dff7.png

33 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

image.png.0b7949c4d454954df0dbcf19ab67dff7.png

Not Task Manager, it's called Resource Manager. Click on the Performance tab in Task Manager and it should be located at the bottom left. Have you tried to End task "Search"? Besides having Malwarebytes for anti-malware, do you have any other 3rd party anti-virus installed? Windows Defender should suffice and I'd suggest running a scan to make sure there are no viruses on the system. 

3 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

Not Task Manager, it's called Resource Manager. Click on the Performance tab in Task Manager and it should be located at the bottom left. Have you tried to End task "Search"? Besides having Malwarebytes for anti-malware, do you have any other 3rd party anti-virus installed? Windows Defender should suffice and I'd suggest running a scan to make sure there are not viruses on the system. 

image.thumb.png.a83061e3f73155f91798320497853fa1.png

26 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

image.thumb.png.a83061e3f73155f91798320497853fa1.png

Are you using any browser extensions at all? Try and disable them or remove them and check again to see if usage is still high from SearchApp.exe. 

4 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

Are you using any browser extensions at all? Try and disable them or remove them and check again to see if usage is still high from SearchApp.exe. 

nop. i even installed a new windows and it still shows this

20 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

nop. i even installed a new windows and it still shows this

Strange...is the BIOS updated to the latest non-Beta BIOS?? Can you disable Cortana in Window's Settings? 

1 minute ago, SpiderMan said:

Strange...is the BIOS updated to the latest non-Beta BIOS?? Can you disable Cortana in Window's Settings? 

already done

4 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

already done

I really don't know where to go from here. The only thing that I can think of to do next would be to disable/kill/end task Search and see if CPU usage drops. 

Best of luck!