$2000 pc build

yourbtv

Budget (including currency): $2000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: I will use it mostly for gaming and school, I play apex, valorant, horizon zero dawn, control, and warzone. I will also stream

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I don't need any peripherals, hopefully ill be buying soon, I made this parts list but my dad told me to bring it down to 2k: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nDcTkX , resolution: 1440p Fps: 144 or better, I like the lian li 011 dynamic case

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/antonfc/saved/#view=QPrshM

CPU: Since you want a pc for mostly gaming, you don't need a Ryzen 9, it's way too overkill. A ryzen 5 5600x is perfect for what you need (better than a I9 10900k).

Cpu cooler: You don't one, there is one tha comes with the ryzen 5 5600x, it'll do the work just fine. BUT if you want to overclock your cpu (not recommended, you won't see much performance boost) you'll have to buy a 30-50$ cooler.

Motherboard: MSI tomahawk is one of the best B550 motherboards, i suggest you take this one.

Ram: no changes, good choice

Storage: Team t-force, enough for what you want (almost overkill)

Video card: the 3080ti, you won't find it at 1000$, the msrp price is 1200$ and you won't find one at that price too, the price you'll probably find is around 2000 dollars. The rtx 3080 is around 1000-1500$ (mostly 1500$ or more), you'll probably have to buy 3070, you'll find one at around 900, 800$ if you're lucky. Don't worry 3070 is perfect for 1440p 144hz gaming.

Case: Phanteks has good airflow, i would recommend this one.

Power supply: corsair rmx 2018 is TIER A. 

Thank you, Ive had an msi motherboard before and I prefer asus motherboards because of their software, ive had many issues with msi's software in the past also Ive been able to get a 3080 for msrp before and im patient

If you’re looking to cut, there’s More cooler than you need even for a 5900. 

Another thing is full height cases are generally pretty big.  If you want it you want it but know what you’re getting into.  Could be larger than expected.  Also you’re pricing for a 3080ti is lower than is probably realistic. Lately it’s get the video card you can get and worry about the rest later. The 3080ti is supposed to be not far off the 3080. If it’s the one available though buy it. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

8 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

you’re looking to cut, there’s More cooler than you need even for a 5900. 

What would be a good cheap cooler?

8 minutes ago, yourbtv said:

What would be a good cheap cooler?

As AIOs go the 5900 only needs two fans.  Maybe just one though the single fan AIOs are not that great and mostly for special purpose stuff generall involving SFF or prebuilts. Anything big air would also do.  They will compete with the 2 fan AIOs.  The community here likes Noctua a lot but they can be pricey.  So anything big air.  AssassinIII, one of the machos, gelid has one though I don’t remember the name. Should be something that out of favor Ftm and near $70.  You may want the rgb fans though and for that one needs radiators. If you really WANT a 3 fan AIO, you can go with a low end one because even that will cool the cpu more than you need. A thin aluminum 360 is fine.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

39 minutes ago, Anton Foch said:

Power supply: corsair rmx 2018 is TIER A. 

The Enermax in the op's list is also Tier A, so no need to change it unless the Corsair is cheaper.

20 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

The Enermax in the op's list is also Tier A, so no need to change it unless the Corsair is cheaper.

You're right i didn't see it.

1 hour ago, yourbtv said:

Budget (including currency): $2000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: I will use it mostly for gaming and school, I play apex, valorant, horizon zero dawn, control, and warzone. I will also stream

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I don't need any peripherals, hopefully ill be buying soon, I made this parts list but my dad told me to bring it down to 2k: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nDcTkX , resolution: 1440p Fps: 144 or better, I like the lian li 011 dynamic case

Keep the power supply, i thought it wasn't tier A