Static problem

blarghl
Go to solution Solved by VioDuskar,
5 minutes ago, blarghl said:

I have to keep my hand on my PC or my microphone makes horrible static noise and my voice can't be heard at all, what can i do about this? Thanks in advance.

sounds like a grounding issue, or well, lack of grounding. 

try with a different mic, report results. i assume you're using an analogue tip, ring, sleeve in the 3.5mm jack on your computer?

I have to keep my hand on my PC or my microphone makes horrible static noise and my voice can't be heard at all, what can i do about this? Thanks in advance.

5 minutes ago, blarghl said:

try with a different mic, report results. i assume you're using an analogue tip, ring, sleeve in the 3.5mm jack on your computer?

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

2 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

Tried it with different mic, static could still be heard. You are prolly right it is most likely a grounding issue. How do I ground the PC properly?

10 minutes ago, blarghl said:

Tried it with different mic, static could still be heard. You are prolly right it is most likely a grounding issue. How do I ground the PC properly?

is this a desktop or laptop? regardless it's going to be hard to do. 
i'd check to see if there is any damage to the 3.5mm socket on the outside and in. see if there is junk clogging the hole. 

follow the wire for the 3.5mm socket back to the board and see if it's damaged. if it is damaged it can be fixed, if not, then you probably can't do anything about it. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

1 minute ago, VioDuskar said:

is this a desktop or laptop? regardless it's going to be hard to do. 
i'd check to see if there is any damage to the 3.5mm socket on the outside and in. see if there is junk clogging the hole. 

follow the wire for the 3.5mm socket back to the board and see if it's damaged. if it is damaged it can be fixed, if not, then you probably can't do anything about it. 

Im on a desktop, the socket and the mic itself seems to be fine. houses here in lithuania arent normally grounded so I guess I have my answer ty