Gigabyte RX 6700 XT Eagle waterblock

Im searching for a waterblock to custom loop my rig. does anyone know if there is a company that has made or is planning on making a waterblock that is compatable with said GPU?

Aren't waterblocks reserved only for flagship, or near flagship cards?

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO聽| Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |聽4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum聽| Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49"聽32:9 144Hz Freesync 2聽| Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE聽| Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS) |聽2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4聽|聽聽2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so update. Bykski聽does make water blocks for the 6700xt however I am unsure (mostly due to inexperience in water cooling and taking apart the gpu) if the PCB layout is the same on the Eagle is the same as the rest of their compatibility list:聽

AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT
Sapphire Nitro+ AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT
XFX AMD Radeon RX6700XT
ASRock AMD Radeon RX6700XT Challenger D
ASRock AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT Challenger Pro 12G OC

I also do not feel comfortable taking apart my gpu until I start actually water-cooling it lol聽
Here is the rx6700xt layout, again, I still do not know if all venders follow the same pcb layout or not.聽
Gigabyte-Radeon-RX-6700-XT-Gaming-OC,-12
edit3: Using AlphaCools gpu-config: They only have something listed for聽GV-R67XT-12GD-B with a "Cooler coming soon" message. They do not have anything listed for聽GV-R67XTEAGLE-12GD. EK has also stated in a few comments on Facebook that they do not have plans to sell rx6700xt water blocks at this time. (even though you can buy one of their prebuilts聽with a rx6700xt water cooled, but not one for the Eagle)聽

• 3 weeks later...

Being someone who has this card, I was interested as well, but found no full cover blocks for it. I'm currently using the EK Thermosphere with the G600 adapter and the standoffs from the cooler. So far so good. While the Eagle is relatively quiet, it doesn't beat the noise on water. I can upload pics of the install if requested.

On a side note, other universal blocks will work as well, tested with the Koolance GPU-230 and Alphacool GPX universal block.

Pic of the PCB is attached, definitely different from the reference PCB, so don't get a full cover block unless you want to try to mod it, and then expect to be stuck with a $100+ paperweight when it inevitably doesn't fit.

Side note, the RGB wires (back pins) on mine pulled out of the pins when I removed the stock cooler, got lucky that the fan pins (bottom pins) didn't. Use caution if you go this route.

20210616_000427.jpg

• 5 months later...

Resurrecting this as I've just bought the same card and have the same dilemma.

I'm not saying this for sure, but it looks like the EK Vector block may work. The reference and Eagle cards look identical except the Eagle is a little longer. So it looks to me like you would just have to remove the EK RGB end thing and cut off part of the plexi (that doesn't actually have coolant lanes.

image.thumb.png.35f4c69f97488d520758ec528b7df364.png

Found a waterblock for "reference 6700XT" at Alphacool, but dunno if the Gigabyte follows the reference on AMD cards (they don't for NVidia...)

https://www.alphacool.com/search?sSearch=11965

System : AMD R9 5900X聽/ Gigabyte聽X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18聽/聽ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /聽聽Eisbaer 280mm AIO聽(with 2xArctic P14 fans)/ 2TB Crucial T500聽 NVme +聽2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDDdrives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/聽聽Alienware AW3420DW 34"120Hz聽3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight聽mouse / Audeze Maxwell聽headphones

36 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Found a waterblock for "reference 6700XT" at Alphacool, but dunno if the Gigabyte follows the reference on AMD cards (they don't for NVidia...)

https://www.alphacool.com/search?sSearch=11965

Same situation I think. All the blocks are for reference cards. So as far as I can see, the end of the power cut-out just needs modifying.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update for anybody still interested in this.

6700XT reference waterblocks work with only minimal modification. I ended up ordering one from Bykski just to save a bit of money if it didn't work. Below are the areas that I removed. I also cut out a relief for the fan header, but actually I don't think I needed to. I have some polishing to do but should look fairly stock when it's finished.

If anybody has any further questions, happy to help.

IMG_0707.JPG

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 24.1.2022 at 18:36, JoshC-B said:

Nur ein kurzes Update f眉r alle, die sich noch daf眉r interessieren.

6700XT-Referenzwasserbl枚cke funktionieren mit nur minimaler Modifikation. Am Ende habe ich einen bei Bykski bestellt, nur um ein bisschen Geld zu sparen, wenn es nicht funktioniert. Unten sind die Bereiche, die ich entfernt habe. Ich habe auch ein Relief f眉r den F盲cherkopf ausgeschnitten, aber eigentlich glaube ich nicht, dass ich das brauchte. Ich muss noch etwas polieren, sollte aber ziemlich gut aussehen, wenn es fertig ist.

Falls jemand noch Fragen hat, helfe gerne.

IMG_0707.JPG

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

Passt das auch f眉r die gigabyte radeon rx6700xt gaming oc?

On 2/12/2022 at 10:41 AM, Firedragon0709 said:

Passt das auch f眉r die gigabyte radeon rx6700xt gaming oc?

The PCB looks the same on the Gaming OC and the Eagle, so I think it will work just like I have done.

Hab mir die Bilder angeguckt und es sind nur paar Stellen die ver盲ndert werden m眉ssen! Und bist du mit der k眉hlleistung zufrieden?