To build or not to build? Advice on parts

Budget (including currency): 1400

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: General researching, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote Minecraft, Valorant, and drawing programs such as Photoshop, Krita

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

While researching, I have found that certain components, such as the GPU, are very expensive at the moment but have found that it is only really important for gaming. As this is not too much of a major necessity for my PC (more of a nice to have), I am wondering what type of GPU would be sufficient. 

I have additionally, been debating whether the best route would be for me to purchase a pre-built (such as iBUYPOWER) but the idea of building a PC to meet my requirements just seems too enticing. I suppose my overall question is, if I were to build a PC, what parts do you feel I should invest most of my budget into to support my needs best? Any parts you might recommend? 

Just looking for any advice on what I should do. Any tips are greatly appreciated, ty!

27 minutes ago, rosielayla said:

I have additionally, been debating whether the best route would be for me to purchase a pre-built

It pains me to say this @rosielayla, but in 2021 you should definitely be considering purchasing a prebuilt, since decent (new) GPU's are going to be easily taking over half of your budget 😕 

5 minutes ago, gal-m said:

It pains me to say this @rosielayla, but in 2021 you should definitely be considering purchasing a prebuilt, since decent (new) GPU's are going to be easily taking over half of your budget 😕 

ahh yeah I was thinking that was probably best 😄 do you have any good recommendations? If not that's fine, I appreciate your advice! Thank you!

12 minutes ago, gal-m said:

^ This, unless you have GPU laying around that you can temporarily (aka a year or two) use in your new system.

2 minutes ago, Guuhan said:

^ This, unless you have GPU laying around that you can temporarily (aka a year or two) use in your new system.

ohh okay, yeah I don't happen to have a GPU so I suppose pre-build is the current way, thank you for the advice!

if you could get the GPU in stock then this would be great

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£257.69 @ Box Limited)
Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£99.99 @ AWD-IT)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (£77.85 @ Ebuyer)
Storage: Kingston A2000 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£89.77 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB Founders Edition Video Card  (£650.00)
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A ATX Mid Tower Case  (£68.95 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£103.88 @ More Computers)
Total: £1348.13
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-06-08 17:18 BST+0100

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

16 minutes ago, Downkey said:

if you could get the GPU in stock then this would be great

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£257.69 @ Box Limited)
Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£99.99 @ AWD-IT)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (£77.85 @ Ebuyer)
Storage: Kingston A2000 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£89.77 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB Founders Edition Video Card  (£650.00)
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A ATX Mid Tower Case  (£68.95 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£103.88 @ More Computers)
Total: £1348.13
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-06-08 17:18 BST+0100

@Downkey thank you so much for the list! yeah I think the GPU is the main difficulty atm