Cant connect to WiFi on Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC

Bluetooth is working fine, in Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network Connections it lists the Intel Wireless-AC 9260 and says Wi-Fi enabled, but when I try to connect it doesn't list any available networks.

I've tried all the obvious stuff, windows is up to date, turned it off completely unplugged and let it sit unplugged (that seems to fix intermittent Bluetooth issues), unplugged the antenna and tried it with the leads swapped around.

I've tried using the provided Realtek drivers and rolled back to intel drivers, neither work.

In the Wi-Fi adapters properties under power management I've unticked the box for "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

I ran the troubleshooter and it says:

There might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter .  
Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter.

I'm stumped on this one, can anyone help?

Alright I fixed it, I'll say how I did it for future reference if anyone runs into the same issue.

As a kind of side note first though;

I went back and read the manual again, noticed that the wifi adapter is actually the Intel AC-3168 but windows recognizes it as the 9260 in control panel and device manager.

Thought this was a clue but turns out it didn't seem to have anything to do with the issue, just thought that was strange and worth pointing out.

Anyway when I was reading the manual I also noticed it points out where the revision number sticker is located on the mobo, its a little white sticker on the bottom left, mine says REV: 1.1

It seems the gigabyte APP center installed the realtek drivers which are the most recent, but only applicable to REV: 1.2

When I was in the adapters properties and I clicked the "roll back drivers" option to revert to the intel drivers it didn't work.

So I thought neither of those drivers were gonna work.

But turns that intel driver was the correct one, but it only worked when I uninstalled the adapter from the device manager and ticked the box for "remove all driver software for this device" 

Upon reinstalling it I went to install the intel drivers again but windows already automatically applied those drivers and it was now working.

Essentially, make sure your drivers match the revision of your board.

and when you find the right drivers, make sure to do a clean install of them and uninstall the device/delete the old drivers.

Pretty straight forward fix really, just thought id mention it for the strange things I noticed along the way, such as the wrong model number for the wireless adapter in windows, and the fact that gigabytes app center didn't detect the revision of my board and just installed the most recent drivers regardless.

• 1 year later...

Hello, I am having similar problems and was wondering which new drivers you deleted and reinstalled?