Pretty much every game stutters

Kaptn zur See

From CS:GO to demanding things like VR Games everything seems to stutter every now and then or sometimes pretty frequently. My PC should be able to drive all the things on 1080p more than fine and nothing seems to run smoothly.

I tried pretty much all the usual troubleshooting steps as Updating my graphics card driver, BIOS, turn on/off PBO, disabling game bar and I even deinstalled all RGB software in place of OpenRGB but nothing seems to help. I am really out of ideas. The last active background programs are pretty much OpenRGB and Logitech GHub. I've checked temps with HWinfo and nothing is out of the ordinary.

System specs:

MSI B550 Gaming Edge

Ryzen 5 5600X

Crucial Ballistix 16GB 3600

AMD RX 6900XT

Windows 10 20H2

Crucial P1 SSD for games and P2 for Windows

Two 1080p monitors, one 144Hz over DP, other HDMI and 60Hz

If there is any more infos I need to attach or run tests I'll do everything gladly. Thanks

try removing GPU and Logitech drivers from Old Control Panel Device Manager and check the remove drivers and install from fresh, best reboot once removed the install new or original drivers, updates on GPUs are normally fine Logitech loves to mess their new dirvers, definetly  try original release.

29 minutes ago, Kaptn zur See said:

From CS:GO to demanding things like VR Games everything seems to stutter every now and then or sometimes pretty frequently. My PC should be able to drive all the things on 1080p more than fine and nothing seems to run smoothly.

I tried pretty much all the usual troubleshooting steps as Updating my graphics card driver, BIOS, turn on/off PBO, disabling game bar and I even deinstalled all RGB software in place of OpenRGB but nothing seems to help. I am really out of ideas. The last active background programs are pretty much OpenRGB and Logitech GHub. I've checked temps with HWinfo and nothing is out of the ordinary.

System specs:

MSI B550 Gaming Edge

Ryzen 5 5600X

Crucial Ballistix 16GB 3600

AMD RX 6900XT

Windows 10 20H2

Crucial P1 SSD for games and P2 for Windows

Two 1080p monitors, one 144Hz over DP, other HDMI and 60Hz

If there is any more infos I need to attach or run tests I'll do everything gladly. Thanks

are you sure nothing is overheating?

I had that same issue. Reinstalled windows and fixed all my stuttering and FPS issues. I know it sucks, but just back up all your C drive saves and documents and do a reinstall. It had something to do with a windows update that was corrupted and couldn't be rolled back. Hope that helps. 

Also, I noticed that if I ran a rolling wallpaper (like images that fade in and out every minute or so) I would experience frame drops during the wallpaper cycles. Don't know what that's about. Cut that out and ran a static background and cleared up the drops. Good luck.

Salisbury steak isn't steak.

45 minutes ago, ndesign.ie said:

try removing GPU and Logitech drivers from Old Control Panel Device Manager and check the remove drivers and install from fresh, best reboot once removed the install new or original drivers, updates on GPUs are normally fine Logitech loves to mess their new dirvers, definetly  try original release.

I already tried running DDU for the AMD driver but I might try to reinstall the logitech driver thanks!

26 minutes ago, Lowonley said:

are you sure nothing is overheating?

I am sure as the CPU even is on an AiO which is pretty overkill for a Ryzen 5 I know. I did check temps in HWinfo and they never go over 70.

5 minutes ago, Darkwing Drex said:

I had that same issue. Reinstalled windows and fixed all my stuttering and FPS issues. I know it sucks, but just back up all your C drive saves and documents and do a reinstall. It had something to do with a windows update that was corrupted and couldn't be rolled back. Hope that helps. 

Also, I noticed that if I ran a rolling wallpaper (like images that fade in and out every minute or so) I would experience frame drops during the wallpaper cycles. Don't know what that's about. Cut that out and ran a static background and cleared up the drops. Good luck.

I guess if nothing works I'll have to reinstall Windows again. Good to know that helped you fix the same issue. Thank you very much! On that note I could try my installation of PopOS and see if the games still stutter on proton

1 minute ago, Kaptn zur See said:

I already tried running DDU for the AMD driver but I might try to reinstall the logitech driver thanks!

I am sure as the CPU even is on an AiO which is pretty overkill for a Ryzen 5 I know. I did check temps in HWinfo and they never go over 70.

I guess if nothing works I'll have to reinstall Windows again. Good to know that helped you fix the same issue. Thank you very much! On that note I could try my installation of PopOS and see if the games still stutter on proton

ah okay i dont know what it is then