First time buying card on release. 3080 TI

Beep or Boop

So I started up a game of BF5 and noticed a lot of stutters in the beginning. Seemed to die down a bit but had a few here and there. Could it be mostly driver issues since it's the day of released? I know i'm probably jumping the gun too fast but, just wanted to get your guys' opinion.

What's the rest of your specs? Stutters after startup usually means the game is busy loading stuff, so I'd wager it's either the CPU or disk that is causing this.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Just now, Eigenvektor said:

What's the rest of your specs? Stutters after startup usually means the game is busy loading stuff, so I'd wager it's either the CPU or disk that is causing this.

Ya I don't have a great CPU. Ryzen 7 2700x. Will be getting a 5900x soon and also have questions about that and mobo compatability.

2 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

It was just weird. I had a 1080 and never had those stutters with it playing yesterday. But it's playable for now

Just now, Beep or Boop said:

Ya I don't have a great CPU. Ryzen 7 2700x. Will be getting a 5900x soon and also have questions about that and mobo compatability.

You could try installing MSI Afterburner and enable its in-game overlay so you can see GPU/CPU usage while in game. That should give better info which part of the system is under load at that point.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Did you uninstall drivers for 1080 before installing and testing NewGPU on a fresh clean install of drivers?

Swapping without uninstall/ddu/reboot/reinstall can cause random quirks to performance metrics.

*DDU - Display driver uninstaller of JUNKTRACE files.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

1 minute ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Did you uninstall drivers for 1080 before installing and testing NewGPU on a fresh clean install of drivers?

Swapping without uninstall/ddu/reboot/reinstall can cause random quirks to performance metrics.

*DDU - Display driver uninstaller of JUNKTRACE files.

Yes I did use that!

Could you put up your system specs? Maybe we can get a clue from that.

1 hour ago, Shehrevar said:

Could you put up your system specs? Maybe we can get a clue from that.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x - ROG STRIX B450 Aorus Wifi - 4x8GB 288-Pin DDR4 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V Series - ThermalTake Toughpower 850W - Founders Edition 3080 TI

2 hours ago, Beep or Boop said:

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x - ROG STRIX B450 Aorus Wifi - 4x8GB 288-Pin DDR4 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V Series - ThermalTake Toughpower 850W - Founders Edition 3080 TI

Okay... what do you have for storage, by the way?

11 minutes ago, Shehrevar said:

Okay... what do you have for storage, by the way?

2, 2 TB samsung EVO SSD's

1 minute ago, Beep or Boop said:

2, 2 TB samsung EVO SSD's

Goodness. Spec-wise, your PC is FINE. If you are getting stuttering despite that, it could be something software-related. Faulty hardware usually manifests in more spectacular ways.

1 minute ago, Shehrevar said:

Goodness. Spec-wise, your PC is FINE. If you are getting stuttering despite that, it could be something software-related. Faulty hardware usually manifests in more spectacular ways.

Ya. I feel like my CPU is lacking a little bit. I'll be getting a 5900x soon so won't have to worry too much bout that.

Just now, Beep or Boop said:

Ya. I feel like my CPU is lacking a little bit. I'll be getting a 5900x soon so won't have to worry too much bout that.

I mean sure, your CPU is a bit older in generation, but I don't think it should be making your game stutter. Any other games behaving like that?

Just now, Shehrevar said:

I mean sure, your CPU is a bit older in generation, but I don't think it should be making your game stutter. Any other games behaving like that?

No, didn't really play any crazy games today. Will check more and more as the days go on.

1 minute ago, Beep or Boop said:

No, didn't really play any crazy games today. Will check more and more as the days go on.

Yes, do that. If the behavior manifests in other games, then it could be something with your software or even a hardware thing. If it's just that one game, then I guess you should wait for patches.

I saw above that you already DDU'ed your drivers and reinstalled the latest drivers. Might want to wait for new nVidia drivers, then DDU again and install those. :v