iPhone X camera problems

NikitaSch

So I have an iPhone X and recently Face ID stopped working.when tried to acces camera neither front or back camera , even flash doesn’t work , I had iOS 14 but tried to update to 14.6 hopefully to resolve the problem but didn’t work.do I have both cameras and flash dead or is this a software bug? Also Snapchat , Instagram doesn’t recognize the cameras either 

Has the phone ever had Water damage? (Been submerged in water for an extended period of time/over the 30mins they recommend)

If updating doesn't fix it you could try a restore.

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

12 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

Has the phone ever had Water damage? (Been submerged in water for an extended period of time/over the 30mins they recommend)

If updating doesn't fix it you could try a restore.

I really don’t know , this was a gift and I’ve had it for 1 year and it worked perfectly. I dropped it few times but I have a case and don’t think drops could kill both cameras and flash , and what you mean about submerged in water , like fully submerged , because I never did that , 

I would try updating and if you feel like it a reset. If they dont work I would take it to a repair shop and have them fix it.

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

7 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

I would try updating and if you feel like it a reset. If they dont work I would take it to a repair shop and have them fix it.

Thanks , how can I backup data on an iPhone ? 

Just now, NikitaSch said:

Thanks , how can I backup data on an iPhone ? 

tbh a reset would most likely be pointless. I would take it to a repair shop and see what they think is wrong. A FaceID and camera issue is most likely board related and might require expert work.

System Specs

Peripherals

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

7 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

tbh a reset would most likely be pointless. I would take it to a repair shop and see what they think is wrong. A FaceID and camera issue is most likely board related and might require expert work.

Front and back camera , also flash all at the same time broke , is this a coincidence ? 

7 minutes ago, NikitaSch said:

Front and back camera , also flash all at the same time broke , is this a coincidence ? 

No

Most likely points to a hardware issue.

System Specs

Peripherals

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>