Nicehash Quickminer with 2 GPUs?

Hi there,

I just bought 2 RTX 3070's. I would like to mine with them both on a windows 10 PC using Nicehash Quickminer, and stop mining when I go to play video games. Is this possible using Nicehash Quickminer, and will having 2 cards on my current system limit my PCIe lane speed? In addition, would I need to change any bios settings?
Current system:
  • Ryzen 7 5800x
  • 2 RTX 3070
  • MSI b450 Tomahawk Max
  • 16GB 3200mhz Ram
  • 1000W PSU
  • Corsair 4000D airflow

Thank you for the help 🙂

B450 is all PCIe 3.0, so there's no difference between any of the slots on the board. Mining only requires one PCie lane, so there's definitely no bandwidth concerns.

Yes, Nicehash can use as many GPUs as you've got. When you're ready to game, you just activate game mode, and it will stop mining on your primary GPU. It will continue to mine on the secondary.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

3 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

B450 is all PCIe 3.0, so there's no difference between any of the slots on the board. Mining only requires one PCie lane, so there's definitely no bandwidth concerns.

Yes, Nicehash can use as many GPUs as you've got. When you're ready to game, you just activate game mode, and it will stop mining on your primary GPU. It will continue to mine on the secondary.

According to the MSI website, the b450 board I have has 1 x PCI-E 3.0 x16 slot + 1 x PCI-E 2.0 x16 slot. I heard that this can cause the bandwith to be split in half if I have 2 GPUs in my system, or is that a myth?

Need help with a similar problem! Sorry to hijack your thread OP.

Hey guys, new member here all the way from india. Looking for your help in expanding my PCs capabilities. 

So currently I'm running a motherboard msi b450m a pro max with Rtx2060 + R5 3500 + 8*2 16gb ram and ssd hdd setup on my 750W PSU. The cabinet used is ANT eSports iCE 200tg with 5 120mm fans - front and top intake 120mm*4 units + rear exhaust 120mm. And the cpu is using stick wraith cooler with no issues about temps on any component. 

Ps- attaching the image below , installation of fans is pending, yet to receive product from seller. 

I'm getting a really good deal on 5700xt at around 700$ new , or 47,000INR. Which is really nice in today's scenario as per availability in my region. I do not wish to let go of this deal knowing as per my PSU capabilities I can very well run an additional 5700xt with my current wattage. 

The problem comes with the installation, I will need to use risers - 

1) 1 16*16 for rx5700 in my Mobo pcie gen 2 16 slot. 

2) 1*16 riser to shift the current rtx to one of the empty mounting brackets empty as shown in the image attached. 

--------------

I use my PC for light gaming - csgo and valorant mainly. Content creation on YouTube as well as some light rendering. 

What I'm worried about is my Mobo supporting these cards together on the slots it has using the risers mentioned, and whether the case will allow it as there are slots but there will be an inch of space between the two GPUs? 

I also mine on nicehash when I have no work assigned to my pc, 12-15 hours a day. So I'll be using the 2 cards to generate whatever little revenue I can in my free time too. 

please help. 

IMG_20210604_182442_346.jpg