PC display shuts down (under pressure?)

howisthattaken

Hey people, when I have Zoom and Valorant open at the same time(or any heavy workload i guess), after some time, i get a black screen(when i reopen my monitor i get a 'no input' message) and my computer's fans start spinning really fast. I have to close and reopen my computer for it to work normal again. The computer works really hot in general as well. How can I fix this? Do I have to get a new PSU, GPU or what? Thanks in advance.

Edit: This has just started happening.

Edited by howisthattaken
adding more info

3 minutes ago, howisthattaken said:

Hey people, when I have Zoom and Valorant open at the same time(or any heavy workload i guess), after some time, i get a black screen(when i reopen my monitor i get a 'no input' message) and my computer's fans start spinning really fast. I have to close and reopen my computer for it to work normal again. The computer works really hot in general as well. How can I fix this? Do I have to get a new PSU, GPU or what? Thanks in advance.

Edit: This has just started happening.

Full specs please psu in detail.

Also monitor temps whilst doing this.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Full specs please psu in detail.

Also monitor temps whilst doing this.

AMD Ryzen 5 3500X (Wraith Prism Cooler)

ASRock A320M HDVR4 Motherboard

ADATA GAMMIX D10 8GB DDR4 3000MHz RAM

Sapphire RX 580 8GB Pulse OC

Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD

Aerocool Quartz Revo 500W 80+ Bronze Case + PSU

How can I see monitor temperatures?

Just now, howisthattaken said:

AMD Ryzen 5 3500X (Wraith Prism Cooler)

ASRock A320M HDVR4 Motherboard

ADATA GAMMIX D10 8GB DDR4 3000MHz RAM

Sapphire RX 580 8GB Pulse OC

Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD

Aerocool Quartz Revo 500W 80+ Bronze Case + PSU

How can I see monitor temperatures?

For cpu and everything else I recommend Hwmonitor or Openhardwaremonitor and for the gpu I recommend gpu-z or msi afterburner.

From this i can see you are using a crap tier psu but I would still like to know the temps during zoom + valorant (or just valorant) after a couple minutes before I start pointing fingers at the psu :p.

5 minutes ago, jaslion said:

For cpu and everything else I recommend Hwmonitor or Openhardwaremonitor and for the gpu I recommend gpu-z or msi afterburner.

From this i can see you are using a crap tier psu but I would still like to know the temps during zoom + valorant (or just valorant) after a couple minutes before I start pointing fingers at the psu :p.

Usually modern computers would thermal throttle instead of throwing up a black screen if it got too hot but the PSU is 80+ Bronze certified and 500 watts does seem enough for that system. It could also be the GPU freaking out. @howisthattakencan you hear any sounds when the screen goes black or is it just completely unresponsive. Does the PC turn off by itself?

Setup:

Name: Ryzentosh

AMD Ryzen 5 1600

Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 570 8GB

MSI B350 PC Mate

Corsair Spec-01

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400mhz

Kingston A400 120GB

Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Thermaltake Smart RGB Series 600W

Be Quite! Pure Wings 2

"I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong." ~ Murray Walker RIP

3 minutes ago, RyzenUp said:

Usually modern computers would thermal throttle instead of throwing up a black screen if it got too hot but the PSU is 80+ Bronze certified and 500 watts does seem enough for that system. It could also be the GPU freaking out. @howisthattakencan you hear any sounds when the screen goes black or is it just completely unresponsive. Does the PC turn off by itself?

I don't hear any weird sounds, only the fans spinning much faster and louder than usual. I don't know which part's fans are making the noise though. Also the PC doesn't turn itself off, the fans and RGB are still on, and I can hear my friends in Discord as well.

16 minutes ago, RyzenUp said:

Efficiency and wattage means nothing. It has been tested and found to not even be close to stable trying to deliver it's rated power. That and it is dirtcheap (can be found for as low as 35$) and no half decent unit goes for that cheap at that power target.

Efficiency ratings are given if the psu can in any way shape or form meet them during the test. All it has to do is survive it. So a lot of these cheap units are made to handle a load a couple times and then whatever with the cheapest components possible. That or they just straight up lie.

There are plenty of cases where running hot causes unexpected behaviour too.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

65 degrees for the CPU and 75 degrees for the GPU. The computer hasn't given a black screen yet but it probably will soon

6 minutes ago, howisthattaken said:

65 degrees for the CPU and 75 degrees for the GPU. The computer hasn't given a black screen yet but it probably will soon

That is normal. I would not be suprised your psu is basically dying at this point since it is a crap unit anyway that can kill systems quite easily.

Get a b tier unit of 500w or more from the list.

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

9 minutes ago, jaslion said:

That is normal. I would not be suprised your psu is basically dying at this point since it is a crap unit anyway that can kill systems quite easily.

Get a b tier unit of 500w or more from the list.

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

Is there anything else I can do before getting a new PSU? 

3 minutes ago, howisthattaken said:

Is there anything else I can do before getting a new PSU? 

Since it shuts down under heavy load I doubt anything else is defective. Temps are really good so that is ok. At best you can run memtest86 to see if ram is good but your losing signal problem is basically the psu crapping out.