Are these thermal pads ? If so how can I replace them, and go about finding replacements ? Card has more blue thermal pads under the black shroud.

fjchurch

Zotac Gaming Geforce RTX 2070 Super Twin Fan 8GB for reference. I was opening it up to replace the thermal paste to find what I think are thermal pads. It has a black shroud ? heat spreader ? The board itself has thermal pads on it with the heat spreader/shroud sitting ontop of those. The thermal pads(?) on the other side on sitting in the exact same locations.. The heat sink sits onto of these then the fans go onto it. The one on the right is almost gone completely and I'm very worried. I reached out to Zotac who hasn't even tried getting back to me. Any and all help would be sincerely appreciated. Thank you guys for your time :)

1570674820_ZotacThermalpads.jpg

looks like thermal paste to me.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 hours ago, Levent said:

looks like thermal paste to me.

I will double check on this. I've never seen thermal paste so thick and solid before. Thank you for your opinion and taking time to answer 🙂

whatever this is i think it needs replacing. could b difficult ti find proper fitting pads…

Also this is way too little thermal paste on the GPU imo.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

whatever this is i think it needs replacing. could b difficult ti find proper fitting pads…

Also this is way too little thermal paste on the GPU imo.

I think it may be as well. Temps were sitting idle at 50c and upwards of 84c as a high when I was gaming. I will most likely reapply more now that you've mentioned it. Thank you for your time friend 🙂