Rigid acrylic tubing and fittings

Hi guys

Im looking at creating a new PC and I want to use rigid tubing.

But I tend to research alot before starting a build.

And I have hit a snag. I cant really wrap my head around how the fittings holds the tubing in place.

Does anyone have any relevant links to literature or possible videos explaining this?

What I have found so far hasnt really explained it to my satisfaction.

Thank you in advance.

No no no no no no no don't no no no. I did it, NEVER AGAIN. Look at my build log and stuff. If you are dying to, I can help. it uses o rings and stuff, pretty solid actually.

What happened? O.o

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

What happened? O.o

I takes soooooo long to do and I did a pretty good job on all my bends and stuff but it leaked twice. It's also impossible to drain and upgrading is impossible without draining the entire thing. I hate it omg

It caused me so much trouble and didn't even end up well. I ordered Bitspower fittings and stuff so that's what I'm switching to.

I takes soooooo long to do and I did a pretty good job on all my bends and stuff but it leaked twice. It's also impossible to drain and upgrading is impossible without draining the entire thing. I hate it omg It caused me so much trouble and didn't even end up well. I ordered Bitspower fittings and stuff so that's what I'm switching to.

Ouch :/ I've always thought using rigid tubing would be a pain in the arse. Just because of all the measuring you'd have to do and get all the bends right. :(

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Ouch :/ I've always thought using rigid tubing would be a pain in the arse. Just because of all the measuring you'd have to do and get all the bends right. :(

Yeah. I'm not too exact either lol

You can be less precise and take a shorter amount of time with regular tubing and it will look 10x as good, especially the larger stuff (which is what I got)

Yeah. I'm not too exact either lol

You can be less precise and take a shorter amount of time with regular tubing and it will look 10x as good.

Yeah, normal tubing can look really good. Like Akula's builds. Sweet Jesus :wub: All of his builds have regular tubing and it looks amazing.

Yeah, normal tubing can look really good. Like Akula's builds. Sweet Jesus :wub: All of his builds have regular tubing and it looks amazing.

Yeah, those are amazing. I thought acrylic was better, but I was way wrong.

I want to use colored coolant, but I just can't bring myself to stain blocks and all that.

I allready have a complete Custom watercooling loop. 

I want the Rigid as a hobby project of sorts.

Time isnt really an issue, niether is leaking since I have mockups (RMA DOA hardware) that I can use to get the measurements.

My current pump has a lift height of 40 feet (13,1 meters), on more than one occasion the pressure was almost to much for my compression fittings.

I have fixed this with better fittings.

I can dial it back, but that would be like having a ferrari, and not getting out of 1st gear.

So I want to make sure the fittings are nice and secure.

But again, I havent seen much literature or videos explaining how they work

I allready have a complete Custom watercooling loop.

I want the Rigid as a hobby project of sorts.

Time isnt really an issue, niether is leaking since I have mockups (RMA DOA hardware) that I can use to get the measurements.

My current pump has a lift height of 40 feet (13,1 meters), on more than one occasion the pressure was almost to much for my compression fittings.

I have fixed this with better fittings.

I can dial it back, but that would be like having a ferrari, and not getting out of 1st gear.

So I want to make sure the fittings are nice and secure.

But again, I havent seen much literature or videos explaining how they work

You might want to use Monsoon fittings then. Those are the most secure, but harder to use.

Yea i thought about redoing my loop with the rigid acrylic tubing but I just upgrade too often and take it apart too often that it's just not worth it.  Especially since I only have a few hours a day of free time to work on it.

I just got done doing my PC with Monsoon Hardline fittings. It is very time consuming and you will go threw a bunch of tubing trying to perfect the heating/bending. Performance-PCs ran out of clear 16mm tubing and I ordered some from another manufacturer. But the OD was to large for the lock collars so I had to sand/polish which took even more time :/. Only leak I had was one of Bitspower's 90 degree rotary fittings :/

I managed to find this video.

It explained what I needed to know pretty well.

However if anyone has any specs on the average load/Force it takes to removed the tubing from a fully compressed fitting.

It would be very much appreciated.

why don't you use flexible copper tubing (the kind you find in hardware stores in rolls) and Koolance's copper tube compression fittings.   the Koolance fittings use a crush ring just like hydraulic compression fittings, so the tubing would burst before the fitting let go.

While I like the clean look of copper tubing its not really for me.

Im a sucker for the bling effect of being able to see the fluid in the tubing.

Maybe somewhere down the line, but id like to cut my teeth on something where I can see myself liking the end result.

But copper is on the to do list. I just need to build confidence in my building/modding abilities.