Will it bottleneck ?

Hello Everyone! 

I have a question about a CPU + GPU Setup I want to do. 

I currently have a AMD Athlon X4 750K and I'm looking to get a AMD Radeon 7970. 

My concern is will the gpu bottleneck my cpu? 

Thanks!

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

ADATA XPG 256GB PCIe| Cosmos C700P CM | Lepa MaxPlatinum 1050W

Depend how much you overclock and what games you will be playing?

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

No

but your CPU will bottleneck your GPU.

That's what I meant! Sorry!

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

Depend how much you overclock and what games you will be playing?

I can only overclock it to 4.0 anything more than that the computer crashes. 

Mainly Titanfall & BF4. 

That can't happen, but yeah that CPU will hold back that GPU. You could get an 8320 and a 7950 and balance it out.

Will it hold it back bad enough that I would notice or No ?

Will it hold it back bad enough that I would notice or No ?

In some games substantially, in some games not at all. It will depend on how the game is optimized. If you want until Easter you should be able to get a 6300 or 8320 pretty cheap. 

You will need a new motherboard though. 

Not sure about Titanfall but you'll likely feel it in BF4. It should still be playable but the potential of the card is not going to be realized. 

Error: 410

In some games substantially, in some games not at all. It will depend on how the game is optimized. If you want until Easter you should be able to get a 6300 or 8320 pretty cheap. 

You will need a new motherboard though. 

Not sure about Titanfall but you'll likely feel it in BF4. It should still be playable but the potential of the card is not going to be realized.

Would it be worth upgrading to the Athlon X4 760K Black edition ? It's a higher clock speed than my 750K. I just noticed that AMD had a 760K,

I can only overclock it to 4.0 anything more than that the computer crashes. 

Mainly Titanfall & BF4. 

Well as long as you are playing on max settings it shouldn't bottleneck

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Would it be worth upgrading to the Athlon X4 760K Black edition ? It's a higher clock speed than my 750K. I just noticed that AMD had a 760K,

No

Just get a faster gpu. Just because your cpu is bottlenecking a gpu doesnt mean you wont see improvements. It just means the gpu is being held back a bit. upgrading gpus will still show improvements especially going from low end to high end. Your cpu isnt THAT slow. So 4Ghz is the fastest it will overclock? are you running stock voltage?

Edit: Well I mean a slow cpu wont show improvements on GPU upgrades but in this case your fine.

No

Just get a faster gpu. Just because your cpu is bottlenecking a gpu doesnt mean you wont see improvements. It just means the gpu is being held back a bit. upgrading gpus will still show improvements especially going from low end to high end. Your cpu isnt THAT slow. So 4Ghz is the fastest it will overclock? are you running stock voltage?

Edit: Well I mean a slow cpu wont show improvements on GPU upgrades but in this case your fine.

Well the 7970 Ghz edition should be pretty high end. Yes 4.0Ghz In the BIOS With the MSI 1 Click Overclock. I Heard of AMD Overdrive but I'm not to familiar with messing with the voltage Or doing any overclock manually.

Geez, people are too scared of bottlenecking... I bet you will be fine, it takes a really low end processor to hold back a GPU.

Well the 7970 Ghz edition should be pretty high end. Yes 4.0Ghz In the BIOS With the MSI 1 Click Overclock. I Heard of AMD Overdrive but I'm not to familiar with messing with the voltage Or doing any overclock manually.

A 7970 will be fine. Like I said just because its being held back a little doesn't mean it wont perform well. Just not as fast as its capable. It should still run great. If I was you I would take the time and learn a bit about overclocking. It can come in handy and you might be able to push your cpu a little bit farther. It can help relieve some of the "Bottleneck" too.

A 7970 will be fine. Like I said just because its being held back a little doesn't mean it wont perform well. Just not as fast as its capable. It should still run great. If I was you I would take the time and learn a bit about overclocking. It can come in handy and you might be able to push your cpu a little bit farther. It can help relieve some of the "Bottleneck" too.

I was reading articles about overclocking the 7970 and the 750K.

The most I should get on a Air cooler is 4.5Ghz. 

On Liquid Cooling its around 4.7 - 4.8Ghz. 

Anything more than that I think it will crash.