Unable to Access BIOS menu.

I was unable to access BIOS MENU today. I tried many times but each time it gave me the error Media test failure error. I had no problem accessing BIOS before.

System info:

Lga 775 g41 Intel motherboard

Intel Pentium D E5700@3ghz

2gb ram ddr3@800mhz

500gb Seagate@7200rpm

Windows 7 ultimate 64bitScreenshot_20210525-175509.thumb.png.d99adb83cb711dd99b300b6a9314deb6.png

i3 3220, ddr3 1333MHz 6Gb(4+2) , GA-H61M-S2P-R3, Frontech Jill Case, Corsair CX-450m, Seagate 500gb hdd 7.2k, Dell 1600*900 Monitor, Windows 10, Ant Esport MK 3400V2 Mechanical Keyboard, Dell MS 116, Wifi Dongle

Well the Media test failure is probably to do with the network cable -- do you have a network cable usually plugged into that machine? If so, double check it's in right, or it may have failed.

As for not getting into the BIOS, what type of keyboard are you using? is it USB? Does the motherboard have a PS/2 socket? If so, it might be looking for a PS/2 keyboard when it first boots, to access the BIOS. Sometimes USB keyboards don't work, as the USB sockets get initialised later on older boards. Just a thing to check.

1 hour ago, Purgatory420 said:

I was unable to access BIOS MENU today. I tried many times but each time it gave me the error Media test failure error. I had no problem accessing BIOS before.

System info:

Lga 775 g41 Intel motherboard

Intel Pentium D E5700@3ghz

2gb ram ddr3@800mhz

500gb Seagate@7200rpm

Windows 7 ultimate 64bitScreenshot_20210525-175509.thumb.png.d99adb83cb711dd99b300b6a9314deb6.png

Check the key you're using the enter BIOS is working. Trivial stuff like that is often the issue.
As an alternative try accessing some other menu, like bootloader and check whether that works. Use ctrl+alt+del to restart while stuck and give it a few tries.
Do check the keyboard interface as LateLesely suggested. Keep us updated.

Cheers

3 hours ago, LateLesley said:

Well the Media test failure is probably to do with the network cable -- do you have a network cable usually plugged into that machine? If so, double check it's in right, or it may have failed.

As for not getting into the BIOS, what type of keyboard are you using? is it USB? Does the motherboard have a PS/2 socket? If so, it might be looking for a PS/2 keyboard when it first boots, to access the BIOS. Sometimes USB keyboards don't work, as the USB sockets get initialised later on older boards. Just a thing to check.

Sorry for the late reply. I am not using any network cable but I did bought a usb wifi dongle which I installed this week.

i3 3220, ddr3 1333MHz 6Gb(4+2) , GA-H61M-S2P-R3, Frontech Jill Case, Corsair CX-450m, Seagate 500gb hdd 7.2k, Dell 1600*900 Monitor, Windows 10, Ant Esport MK 3400V2 Mechanical Keyboard, Dell MS 116, Wifi Dongle

2 hours ago, AndyPro720 said:

Check the key you're using the enter BIOS is working. Trivial stuff like that is often the issue.
As an alternative try accessing some other menu, like bootloader and check whether that works. Use ctrl+alt+del to restart while stuck and give it a few tries.
Do check the keyboard interface as LateLesely suggested. Keep us updated.

Cheers

bootloader works just fine.

9 hours ago, Purgatory420 said:

Sorry for the late reply. I am not using any network cable but I did bought a usb wifi dongle which I installed this week.

Well, if your on WiFi, once you manage to get into the BIOS, you can turn off the network boot PXE option in there.

As @AndyPro720said, double check the key for accessing the BIOS too, it's different on different makes of motherboards. 

14 hours ago, Purgatory420 said:

bootloader works just fine.

Jam all the keys(check if they work first) to get in the BIOS and follow the steps suggested by  @LateLesley
Some motherboards have an alt key to enter BIOS under certain circumstances and that's why you should try all keys(fn) again. Also make sure to enter BIOS *before* the error screen appears.

If you're entering the bootloader, isn't there an option to enter BIOS from there?
Cheers