Is this monitor a good purchase for price? G27QC

Insanity1999

I came across this monitor at the only local PC hardware store I have, Is it good for the price range compared to similarly spec monitors? There's to many choices and I heard about displays going up in price.. THANK YOU!!

WAS: $499AUD ($388USD)
IS: $379AUD ($295USD)

https://www.gigabyte.com/Monitor/G27QC/sp#sp

My brother owns this monitor and he likes it, heard good things about it from hardware unboxed as well:

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I have a G27Q I use for gaming and two G27F's on either side. It's all being powered by a RTX 3070. I really like this setup with a couple of caveats.

The picture is really great! Gaming is amazing (but then I was running a GTX 970 with a collection of crap monitors before this)

The three monitors seem to match very well for an extended desktop.

So far the only game I have had issues with is RDR2. It doesn't like running at 1440p with a 1080p next to it.  The display fusion task bar on the 1080 (27F) reaches over into the 1440 (27Q) when in RDR2. The solution was to either run the game in 1080p or turn off the 27F while the game is running. I blame both RDR2 & DisplayFusion for this.  Also, if you click out of the game (onto another monitor) while in game (@1440p), RDR will change resolution and extend out onto the other monitors.

This is all to say that it can be finicky with other monitors (but RDR has known issues anyway). I also had the black-screen-on-start problem with RDR2 but this was resolved by forcing the correct resolution on the game startup command line.

I do have an annoying issue I am working through. When the computer screens go to sleep, the 27Q will turn off as it should however, the backlight will sometimes remain on. I leave the system on all the time and the monitors turn off after timeout but the backlight on the 27Q will not turn off... sometimes.

I have looked through some strange solutions online and I am working the issue but it's still unclear what my fix will be.

One other annoyance: If you have more than one G27 like I do, OSD Sidekick will not run. It can't handle more than one (Gigabyte) monitor plugged in at a time. So performing a firmware update requires unplugging the other monitors and then doing the update. I haven't tried this yet so wish me luck.  It's a silly limitation of the software that could be fixed. I hope they do soon.

Bottom line: It is a great monitor with good features that you will enjoy and at that price I think you should grab it. Just be wary of possible muti-display headaches you may need to address.