Building/Getting a new PC

AHphu

Budget (including currency): $1500 USD, willing to be flexible.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Apex Legend, Minecraft, Valorant, Overwatch. Adobe Premerie Pro and Adobe Photoshop. Maybe some streaming as well.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Currently have a Acer Aspire VX15:

• GTX 1050
  • Intel Core i5 7th gen Processor.
  • 400gb of Storage
  • 16gb of Ram

I am currently looking to get a PC, and because of GPU shortages, went to CyberPowerPC to custom build a Gaming PC. This is what I currently have and was wondering if I should change any of the parts that I currently have. Am looking to stream as well as game on this computer.

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6GHz [4.4GHz Turbo] 8 Cores/ 16 Threads 36MB Cache 65W Processor

• CPU / Processor Cooling Fan: AMD Ryzen Premium Wraith CPU Cooler for Socket AM4 

• ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS ATX w/ RGB, GbT LAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe

• 6GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory (Crucial Ballistix Sport)

• Video Card: GeForce RTX™ 3060ti 8GB GDDR6 Video Card

• 600 Watts - EVGA 600Watts 80 Plus Gold high-efficient Power Supply

• 1TB WD Blue SN550 Series PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq r/W: Up to 2400/1950 MB/s, Rnd r/W up to 410/405k

• HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

• Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

I am trying to build a PC that would be easily upgradable later on in the future, and was unsure if the motherboard I have chosen would be good for that.

Please let me know if I should make any changes to what I have as I am trying to get the most out of my PC. Or is this a good setup?

5 minutes ago, AHphu said:

Budget (including currency): $1500 USD, willing to be flexible.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Apex Legend, Minecraft, Valorant, Overwatch. Adobe Premerie Pro and Adobe Photoshop. Maybe some streaming as well.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Currently have a Acer Aspire VX15:

• GTX 1050
  • Intel Core i5 7th gen Processor.
  • 400gb of Storage
  • 16gb of Ram

I am currently looking to get a PC, and because of GPU shortages, went to CyberPowerPC to custom build a Gaming PC. This is what I currently have and was wondering if I should change any of the parts that I currently have. Am looking to stream as well as game on this computer.

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6GHz [4.4GHz Turbo] 8 Cores/ 16 Threads 36MB Cache 65W Processor

• CPU / Processor Cooling Fan: AMD Ryzen Premium Wraith CPU Cooler for Socket AM4 

• ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS ATX w/ RGB, GbT LAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe

• 6GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory (Crucial Ballistix Sport)

• Video Card: GeForce RTX™ 3060ti 8GB GDDR6 Video Card

• 600 Watts - EVGA 600Watts 80 Plus Gold high-efficient Power Supply

• 1TB WD Blue SN550 Series PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq r/W: Up to 2400/1950 MB/s, Rnd r/W up to 410/405k

• HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

• Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

I am trying to build a PC that would be easily upgradable later on in the future, and was unsure if the motherboard I have chosen would be good for that.

Please let me know if I should make any changes to what I have as I am trying to get the most out of my PC. Or is this a good setup?

Get a better PSU, faster RAM (3200 or higher) and maybe consider a 5600x

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

You'll be using your GTX 1050 for a while.

Unless you're willing to come up with $2,000 to buy a 6 series Nvidia gpu.  🤣

Nice choices overall.

The two components I would change are the SSD and ram.

You would be better off with a Samsung Evo nvme drive, and at least 3200mhz memory, but preferably 3600mhz cl16.

The costs are typically very similar, but you can get a nice performance boost.

PSU Tier List   AMD Motherboard Tier List   SSD Tier List

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.

4 minutes ago, PhilAndJims said:

Unless you go prebuilt.

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Unless you go prebuilt.

The list I have provided below is a prebuilt. It is the PC I would be ordering from CyberPowerPc.

8 minutes ago, PhilAndJims said:

The list I have below my current PC would be a prebuilt that I custom did on CyberPowerPC. 

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Unless you go prebuilt.

Prebuilts also gouge you.  If you spec out what you're buying by building yourself, you'll find that going prebuilt you're paying $500-$1,000 more.

No way around it.  Scalpers, manufacturers and retailers are all in the screwing the consumer business.

How many Watts for the PSU would you recommend. Currently it says that I am using up 470 Watts.

26 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Get a better PSU, faster RAM (3200 or higher) and maybe consider a 5600x

How many Watts for the PSU would you recommend. Currently it says that I am using up 470 Watts.

6 minutes ago, AHphu said:

No, the wattage is enough. The quality of the PSU is not good tho. What are some other avalible options around a simillar wattage?

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

6 minutes ago, Downkey said:

No, the wattage is enough. The quality of the PSU is not good tho. What are some other avalible options around a simillar wattage?

These were the other option I could choose.image.thumb.png.eb2f4fd5812c65163c941b6d1911994e.png

I'd go for the RM. Yes it's expensive but it's worth it. Having a good PSU is very important.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

1 minute ago, Downkey said:

I'd go for the RM. Yes it's expensive but it's worth it. Having a good PSU is very important.

Do you have any suggestions for my CPU? I am really debating between AMD Ryzen 5 5600x and AMD 7 3700x. I plan on gaming as well as using programs like Adobe Premiere Pro on this PC. I also plan on possibly streaming and gaming at the same time on this PC. If you could give your opinion on this that would be helpful.

Just now, AHphu said:

Do you have any suggestions for my CPU? I am really debating between AMD Ryzen 5 5600x and AMD 7 3700x. I plan on gaming as well as using programs like Adobe Premiere Pro on this PC. I also plan on possibly streaming and gaming at the same time on this PC. If you could give your opinion on this that would be helpful.

the 5600x performs significantly better in games, while the 3700x is a bit faster in programs like premiere pro

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

1 minute ago, Downkey said:

the 5600x performs significantly better in games, while the 3700x is a bit faster in programs like premiere pro

The AMD Ryzen 7 3700x is currently $50 off its price, while the 5600x is at original price. Would it still be the wiser decision to go for the 5600x?