GPU for A4 6300

HappyHerwi

Hi All,

My friend just gave me a pc. It has an a4 6300 in it. The motherboard is generic and no data or articles related to it at all, online. So I simply decided to just put a GPU in it.

I was wondering what was the best GPU I can pair it with before bottlenecking. I'm going to it use for very light gaming (like csgo on very low settings). or maybe for work and/or use it as my linux machine and play games.

I did an intense google search but not much result. However, most of what I found are from other forum sites.

They recommended a GT 1030, GTX 700, 600 & 900 series or RX 500 series on those posts. Some say not more than those but I've seen some recommending a 1050 ti. I'd really prefer an nvidia card.

What do guys think? Right now, I'm more inclined to choose between GT 1030 and 750 Ti.

Well, that APU is old and uses PCIe Gen 2, so you're not going to get a lot of performance from modern GPU.

I think 750Ti will be much more suitable for this APU, but 1030 is still okay. I haven't tested these combination, though, so I don't have any concrete data which is best.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

GT 1030 is very bad value for the performance it has. Not worth it, really cut down gpu chip, has hardware encoding disabled, has bad resale value. 

750ti would be a better deal.

Consider RX 470 / RX 480 or RX 570 / RX 580 ... they'll probably be a bit more expensive but way more performance for the money. 

I'm not in the mood to check now, but I think even the RX 470 would be a bit better than a 1050 ti 

The RX cards from AMD need a bios with UEFI extensions though... if the motherboard is really generic and has a very plain bios with no mention of UEFI, the video cards may not work on that motherboard.  Worth testing first, before buying.

I think that even a 750ti or a GT1030 (with GDDR5!, do NOT get one with DDR3) will be plenty.

Just get the cheapest one.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

17 minutes ago, mariushm said:

GT 1030 is very bad value for the performance it has. Not worth it, really cut down gpu chip, has hardware encoding disabled, has bad resale value. 

750ti would be a better deal.

Consider RX 470 / RX 480 or RX 570 / RX 580 ... they'll probably be a bit more expensive but way more performance for the money. 

I'm not in the mood to check now, but I think even the RX 470 would be a bit better than a 1050 ti 

The RX cards from AMD need a bios with UEFI extensions though... if the motherboard is really generic and has a very plain bios with no mention of UEFI, the video cards may not work on that motherboard.  Worth testing first, before buying.

it's all good. I'm not going to be using this as my main PC. that's why i didn't put much thought on a modern GPU. just curious how much more performance I can squeeze from the cpu.

17 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

I think that even a 750ti or a GT1030 (with GDDR5!, do NOT get one with DDR3) will be plenty.

Just get the cheapest one.

GT 1030 it is. haha thanks for the heads up 🙂