Processor Choice for Deep Learning PC

Hi,
I'm going to build a PC for deep learning and computer vision stuff. I'm really confused about which processor should I get. I've read to many articles about it but couldn't decide. I will choose 10600k or 3700x. Actually 3700x is better for my budget. My GPU will be RTX 3060. I also use Android Studio etc. Which processor would you recommend? Does AMD make problem when running Python or C codes. If there anyone who has experience I'll appreciate if give advice. Thank you.

so you are looking to create skynet huh? no thanks. i like being the dominate species on the planet. 

will this be a brand new build or are you upgrading? what is your budget? i ask because the ryzen 7 3700x has more cores and threads than the i5 10600k but if you have an AMD or intel board and are looking for the other CPU, then you will need a motherboard too. the AMD 3700x uses the AM4 socket but the i5 10600k uses the LGA1200 socket so if you have an intel CPU older than the 10th gen, you will need a new board too.

11 hours ago, tdkid said:

so you are looking to create skynet huh? no thanks. i like being the dominate species on the planet. 

will this be a brand new build or are you upgrading? what is your budget? i ask because the ryzen 7 3700x has more cores and threads than the i5 10600k but if you have an AMD or intel board and are looking for the other CPU, then you will need a motherboard too. the AMD 3700x uses the AM4 socket but the i5 10600k uses the LGA1200 socket so if you have an intel CPU older than the 10th gen, you will need a new board too.

Hi, I didn't buy any piece of computer so it's new. I'll buy new motherboard. I'm confused because I've heard something that say sometimes AMD processors make problem while running some programs such as Android Studio or Numpy. Just like I said, AMD is better for my budget but if Intel is absolutely necessary I'll try to buy Intel.

2 minutes ago, selimyavuz said:

Hi, I didn't buy any piece of computer so it's new. I'll buy new motherboard. I'm confused because I've heard something that say sometimes AMD processors make problem while running some programs such as Android Studio or Numpy. Just like I said, AMD is better for my budget but if Intel is absolutely necessary I'll try to buy Intel.

well a couple of years ago AMD was having issue with their BIOS update and drivers in general. people were having to uninstall the latest and go back to the previous version to get the boards working again correctly. personally i do not know if AMD will run what you want as i have an intel board and CPU and have never ogone with AMD because of whatr a friend of mine told me years ago.

14 hours ago, selimyavuz said:

Hi,
I'm going to build a PC for deep learning and computer vision stuff. I'm really confused about which processor should I get. I've read to many articles about it but couldn't decide. I will choose 10600k or 3700x. Actually 3700x is better for my budget. My GPU will be RTX 3060. I also use Android Studio etc. Which processor would you recommend? Does AMD make problem when running Python or C codes. If there anyone who has experience I'll appreciate if give advice. Thank you.

Deep learning? The CPU usually doesn't matter, go for the cheapest one.

I have a 3700x, Android studio and the AVDs work flawlessly, so do all of my projects using OpenCV, tf and numpy:

image.thumb.png.c85dd032786c89b3410e4f8c9bb1617d.png

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

2 hours ago, igormp said:

Deep learning? The CPU usually doesn't matter, go for the cheapest one.

I have a 3700x, Android studio and the AVDs work flawlessly, so do all of my projects using OpenCV, tf and numpy:

image.thumb.png.c85dd032786c89b3410e4f8c9bb1617d.png

Thank you for your response. I have one more question. Have you ever use Linux, ubuntu. Does ryzen makes problem while working on linux  and Intel MKL? 

1 hour ago, selimyavuz said:

Thank you for your response. I have one more question. Have you ever use Linux, ubuntu. Does ryzen makes problem while working on linux  and Intel MKL? 

I only use linux, but don't use ubuntu.

Never had any problems with Intel's MKL, although I didn't explicitly use it. All I know is that tf and pytorch depend on it, and I never had any problems with either of those.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

3 minutes ago, igormp said:

I only use linux, but don't use ubuntu.

Never had any problems with Intel's MKL, although I didn't explicitly use it. All I know is that tf and pytorch depend on it, and I never had any problems with either of those.

Ok. Thank you so much for your responce. Then I'll go with ryzen 3700x.