IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS

vrexin

So i've been getting this fun little BSOD for around over a month. This BSOD only happens though when I start up certain games such as minecraft and plants vs zombies garden warfare2. I've tried almost everything and I cant figure out why this is happening and how to fix it.

Specs:
I9-9900K
3080 RTX
32GB RAM (might be the cause of the BSOD as I got it around christmas but i only recently started happening.)
SSD/Hard drives: samsung 970 evo plus, samsung 860 evo, and just some old ass hard drive thats around 5 years old which i store the games on usually. Tried putting the game on another drive just to get the same results.
850w PSU

3 minutes ago, vrexin said:

32GB RAM (might be the cause of the BSOD as I got it around christmas but i only recently started happening.)

what speed is it running at?

4x8? 2x16?

from my experience, that error code usually has to do with unstable cpu or RAM

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

what speed is it running at?

4x8? 2x16?

from my experience, that error code usually has to do with unstable cpu or RAM

ive been running my cpu at 5Ghz for months with no error. With my ram ive been running it a a normally stable 3600mhz. For the ram I used the XMP from the motherboard to overclock it,

3 minutes ago, vrexin said:

850w PSU

So depending on what specific power supply you're running a possible reason is your GPU is causing some sort of voltage drop.

6 minutes ago, vrexin said:

I would try running your ram at stock settings instead of xmp just to see if it is causing your instability

1 minute ago, Arrogath said:

So depending on what specific power supply you're running a possible reason is your GPU is causing some sort of voltage drop.

I would try running your ram at stock settings instead of xmp just to see if it is causing your instability

I will try that right now. I sure hope its nothing to do with my 3080.

2 minutes ago, vrexin said:

ive been running my cpu at 5Ghz for months with no error. With my ram ive been running it a a normally stable 3600mhz. For the ram I used the XMP from the motherboard to overclock it,

did u go from 2x8 to 4x8?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

did u go from 2x8 to 4x8?

I went from 2x8 to 2x16. First brand I had was corsair which was 2x8 so only 16gb but to make my pc look better i treated myself to trident z royals 2x16 32gb

just got another BSOD. System service exception. going to try to turn off XMP now.

Well, if it isn't XMP my next suggestion is DDU, after that looking up other suggestions online it seems like doing a chkdsk /r and sfc /scannow through administrator power shell might be worth trying. I expect you've already run a game file verification check on the problem games

edit: my understanding is sfc checks windows file integrity or something

after turning off XMP i was able to load plants vs zombies garden warfare 2 without fail. Soon after I was excited and wanted to load into a multiplayer match, While loading into my match i got another blue screen PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

been trying to fix this for the past two hours like wth

just got another BSOD this time with the error being Kmode exception not handled.