Why hasn't the base clock of a cpu been getting much higher,for example 4ghz base clock?

does this have anything to do with how 5ghz oc is unstable and that is why we dont have 4ghz base clocked cpu or does it just run too hot while running all cores at 4ghz base?

The base clock is simply the clock speed the manufacturer says your CPU should be able to run on all cores, given enough cooling. They need to be somewhat conservative with this value, since they have to account for PCs with sub-par cooling and/or power delivery.

In practice cores will typically run below base clock when they are idle and above base clock as long possible/needed (e.g. as long as thermal limits and power limits allow). So in terms of absolute performance base clock is somewhat meaningless.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Base clock is only for OEMs to be able to sell you PC's with insufficient cooling solutions and get away with it without being technically scams.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x