[SOLVED] Is there any way to turn on the IGP when there's Dedicated GPU installed on motherboard?

so i just bought a GT1030 and installed it to my PC. At first time i'm turning it on and ran dxdiag, it shows "Display 1" and "Display 2" where as Display 1 is my GT1030 and my Display 2 is my Radeon Vega 3. with this i'm having an idea to use a dual monitor since my Vega 3 was detected too, but after i restarted my pc because my windows was updated, the "Display 2" is nowhere to be seen when i ran dxdiag. Is there any way to turn that Vega 3 back on through BIOS or something else? (there's HDMI and DVI port on my GT1030 but both my monitors used HDMI and i dont have any port converter at the moment).

PC Specifications :

- MSI A320M-A Pro Max

- AMD Athlon 200GE

- 2x4GB KINGSTON HYPERX FURY DDR4 4GB 2666MHz (OC 2933MHz)

- Nvidia Geforce GT1030 MSI

*update

i found "Integrated Graphics" on my BIOS and there's the options below :

"Initiate Graphic Adapter" was set on IGD when i saw it the first time so i try to change it to "PEG".

then there's a new menu below that (i forgot the sentence) and it was set to "Force" (i didnt change this because i thought it would force my IGP to run) then i restarted my PC, but it still not showing the Display 2 on my dxdiag.

There is, yes. What it's called varies so you'll need to search around the BIOS for it. Normally something with Integrated Graphics in the name. 

4 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

There is, yes. What it's called varies so you'll need to search around the BIOS for it. Normally something with Integrated Graphics in the name. 

yes i just found that. 

there's "Integrated Graphics" menu on my BIOS and there's the option called "Initiate Graphic Adapter" and it was set on IGD when i saw it the first time so i try to change it to "PEG".

then there's a new menu below that (i forgot the sentence) and it was set to "Force" (i didnt change this because i thought it would force my IGP to run) then i restarted my PC, but it still not showing the Display 2 on my dxdiag.

*update

i just look for some tips on youtube but on the video there's an option called "Dual Monitor" something on his BIOS, and that's not showing on my BIOS 😕

4 minutes ago, mikeyw64 said:

or suck it up on one monitor for tday and use Amazon next day delivery ;o)

(adjust for your locale)
eg
https://www.amazon.co.uk/VENTION-Directional-Adapter-Compatible-Raspberry-Black/dp/B085SYYM15/

yeah i was about to buy one if i cant find the solution until tomorrow 😞  but maybe there's another solution so i dont need to buy it lol

nopw that you've tweaked in the BIOS you could try opening Device Manager, select the compter name, click on Actions, scan for hardware changes.

It *may* pick it up

YMMV

2 minutes ago, Nephlyne said:

*update

i just look for some tips on youtube but on the video there's an option called "Dual Monitor" something on his BIOS, and that's not showing on my BIOS 😕

Unfortunately companies don't document their BIOS settings well so it's kind of impossible to tell you much more than search around. 

Then again, I've never tried it on an AMD platform, I've only ever had an iGPU in Intel processors, so maybe not all of them allow you. 

1 minute ago, Nephlyne said:

yeah i was about to buy one if i cant find the solution until tomorrow 😞  but maybe there's another solution so i dont need to buy it lol

I'd advise buying one anyway. Having the iGPU enabled with a dedicated GPU as well can lead to some annoying problems as some applications you want to use the dedicated GPU for can try to use the iGPU by default. It's much easier to have everything plugged into the dGPU.

also whilst in Device Manager see if both the IGP & GPU are listed under Display Adaptors

4 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

I'd advise buying one anyway. Having the iGPU enabled with a dedicated GPU as well can lead to some annoying problems as some applications you want to use the dedicated GPU for can try to use the iGPU by default. It's much easier to have everything plugged into the dGPU.

yeah i guess i have to buy the DVI to HDMI converter 😞 .

5 minutes ago, mikeyw64 said:

nopw that you've tweaked in the BIOS you could try opening Device Manager, select the compter name, click on Actions, scan for hardware changes.

It *may* pick it up

YMMV

it showed Radeon Vega 3 but it's greyed out (i guess its because i turned on the "show hidden devices" option) so it's not getting detected 😞

i'm gonna look for some other solutions for the next 3 hours & will sent an update whether i found something or not.

*update

after changing my BIOS IGP option back to "IGD" then restarting the PC, it showed again lol i'm so confused why does the IGP display gone when i havent done anything xD

i guess i dont need to buy the cable now haha

thanks for the advices and the help guys! really appreciate that!!!

image_2021-05-16_194031.png