Cheap 24 inch 1080p monitor for programming.

So I read the guide and it says "They are all shit, just get the cheapest one." 
Some background I use the XPS-15 9560 and find its screen to be too bright for long hours, I need a cheap monitor for programming and web-surfing since that's all I have been doing now.

The problem is reviews for cheap monitors are hard to find, from my research 
The absolute should haves are 

1. Flicker free no PWM
  2. Low brightness / Dark Room support (The lowest level of brightness should actually be low).  

Some Nice to haves would be 

1. decent contrast ratio, some random reddit thread said 1500:1 should be minimum, most IPS monitors are at best 1000:1
  2. A Veas Mount support.
  3. Should be from a decent (Tier 1) brand
    Tier 1. LG, Samsung, Asus, BenQ, Dell, HP
    Tier 2. Lenovo, Acer. AOC. 

I am from India so will be shopping from Amazon India 
    A List of best sellers is 
    https://www.amazon.in/gp/bestsellers/computers/1375425031/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_computers

I am looking for some thing as cheap as possible but lets say around 15000 Indian Rupees (Should be around 200 USD)

My choices in no real order are
  • Dell P2419H    (rting bothered to review it at least)
  • BenQ EW2480 (Seems like a worth while upgrade from GW2480)
  • BenQ GW2480 (Some random Indian website crowned it as the best budget monitor for Eye care)

I guess VA Panels are better for my usage considering they have better contrast, but they are nowhere to be found, I don't want to spend on gaming features like xxx hz or super low response time, I am never going to use those, I would rather go for for bigger 27 inch or 1440p or ultrawide something like that.

Any suggestions recommendations or experiences are welcome as always. 

Thanks for the help, cheers.  

If I was looking for such a thing I would be looking used at old business equipment.  Basically anything with hdmi in that works.  Monitors like this were being sold in the early 2000s so there should be something around. Might have a cfl backlight.  They work fine, just not for as long.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I like the idea but there is no real second hand market in my current area. Refurbished is another option and when the time comes to pull the trigger, I will certainly look into it. 

Thanks for the reply. 

2 minutes ago, mrmayurs4 said:

I like the idea but there is no real second hand market in my current area. Refurbished is another option and when the time comes to pull the trigger, I will certainly look into it. 

Thanks for the reply. 

Well if you’re looking at new models PCpartPicker will have a lot of choices. You can choose by nation of purchase.  My memory was their India specific site at one time wasn’t great.  It was one of the newer nations added though and that was a while ago so it may have gotten better.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

The advantage of pcpartpicker is it’s usually fairly exhaustive. It has filters so you can cut out all stuff that is too big or too small or even the wrong color.

I never thought of pcpartpicker, It's still a work in progress when it comes to pricing for India, but still very useful for filtering. 

Will have to look through it, might just get me that VA panel. 

Thanks for the reply again.