RGB Confusion

KrisstheScot

So, I have a MSI MPG Gungier 100r with 4 RGB compatible fans. I've also bought 2 Corsair fans to help with cooling. However, none of them light up, and no RGB software detects them. Not sure if this is a motherboard limitation as I've seen that a motherboard may require Jrainbow for RBG connections. My motherboard is an MSI B450m PRO M2 Max. Hopefully someone can tell me if I'm being stupid or not.

12 hours ago, KrisstheScot said:

So, I have a MSI MPG Gungier 100r with 4 RGB compatible fans. I've also bought 2 Corsair fans to help with cooling. However, none of them light up, and no RGB software detects them. Not sure if this is a motherboard limitation as I've seen that a motherboard may require Jrainbow for RBG connections. My motherboard is an MSI B450m PRO M2 Max. Hopefully someone can tell me if I'm being stupid or not.

you need a corsair argb controller. and there icue software.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

9 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

you need a corsair argb controller. and there icue software.

What about the standard pc fans? Would the argb controller work for them as well? I do believe I actually have one but it didn't work.

4 hours ago, KrisstheScot said:

What about the standard pc fans? Would the argb controller work for them as well? I do believe I actually have one but it didn't work.

corsair fans needs its oen controllers and your need another controller for your other fans

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

corsair fans needs its oen controllers and your need another controller for your other fans

I've actually just noticed that the hub has no cable to got into the motherboard, only the power cable. Could that be the missing link?

9 hours ago, KrisstheScot said:

I've actually just noticed that the hub has no cable to got into the motherboard, only the power cable. Could that be the missing link?

rgb 18.jpg