Need help connecting a second fan

ZiyaadD
Go to solution Solved by iMxmo,

dont upgrade the mobo just for a fan. there should be another sys/ch_fan header on your motherboard, just use the manual. if there is one and its already in use just pick up a splitter

Check the first table in this google doc for my full PC build

I'm using an MSI A320M-A pro max motherboard. I recently bought a second fan (linked here). Is it possible for me to connect it to my PC or will I have to upgrade motherboard

10 minutes ago, ZiyaadD said:

Check the first table in this google doc for my full PC build

I'm using an MSI A320M-A pro max motherboard. I recently bought a second fan (linked here). Is it possible for me to connect it to my PC or will I have to upgrade motherboard

There is a spot with a couple of pins sticking out labeled "sys_fan" and that is where it plugs in.

You might need to buy a fan splitter if there is only one fan header, they are like 10 dollars on amazon.

😳
Not that active so I may not respond.

dont upgrade the mobo just for a fan. there should be another sys/ch_fan header on your motherboard, just use the manual. if there is one and its already in use just pick up a splitter

5 hours ago, iCypticx said:

Looked into the fan splitter, I've decided to order one. The fan has a second wire coming off it, for RGB i believe. Do you know where I am to plug that?

3 hours ago, ZiyaadD said:

Looked into the fan splitter, I've decided to order one. The fan has a second wire coming off it, for RGB i believe. Do you know where I am to plug that?

check your motherboard manual, also need to know if its 5v rgb or 12v rgb