Question about my pc

Bob_101

Where is the graphics card on my pc as it isn’t where i thought it would be out of curiosity and what would be the best way to upgrade my pc in general on a budget 

207E19FD-0E8E-41DC-BA0D-37F0257A181F.jpeg

Your PC has an APU, meaning the graphics "card" is with the CPU under your cooler. But your system is very old at this point, I wouldn't bother upgrading until you have enough for a brand-new rig.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

3 minutes ago, Mitsuaki07 said:

what is your CPU?

Not sure does this help 

97B0B0EF-2543-45FC-B7DB-B2102DE64F41.jpeg

1 minute ago, Bob_101 said:

Not sure does this help 

It's integrated into the CPU.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Not sure does this help 

your PC use AMD A4-6300. yeah your GPU are integrated on the CPU

How do you plan to use your pc after upgrade?

5 minutes ago, Mitsuaki07 said:

your PC use AMD A4-6300. yeah your GPU are integrated on the CPU

How do you plan to use your pc after upgrade?

well i currently use my pc for scrap mechanic and a bit of Minecraft but i also use it for school work and some cad for a 3d printer and this all slows it down a bit, i would like to be able to run a CAD smoother and play some other steam games like storm works and potently record YouTube videos on it as it struggles doing this the only thing it does not struggle with is storage as it has 1tb

well i currently use my pc for scrap mechanic and a bit of Minecraft but i also use it for school work and some cad for a 3d printer and this all slows it down a bit, i would like to be able to run a CAD smoother and play some other steam games like storm works and potently record YouTube videos on it as it struggles doing this the only thing it does not struggle with is storage as it has 1tb

How much did you want to spend? If you can find a dedicated GPU on cheap that might help. also adding more ram and an SSD will help a lot

Just now, Mitsuaki07 said:

How much did you want to spend? If you can find a dedicated GPU on cheap that might help. also adding more ram and an SSD will help a lot

idealy less than £800

I would get another 8gb stick of ram and maybe get a 3200g or 3400g if your motherboard can take it.

6 minutes ago, FatApe79 said:

I would get another 8gb stick of ram and maybe get a 3200g or 3400g if your motherboard can take it.

OP has a Socket FM2 platform, so they can't use Ryzen at all. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

idealy less than £800

that might be a good budget to build a new system with a Ryzen CPU.  go something like this 

assuming you can use your old pc case. 

6 minutes ago, FatApe79 said:

are these what you mean as i dont know alot about pc and the only things i fo know i have only learned by watching linus tec tips

chip 1.jpg

chip 2.jpg

8 minutes ago, Bob_101 said:

idealy less than £800

with the budget that youve got available, upgrading it isnt really worth as much as building a new one in the same case

-= Topic moved to New Builds and Planning =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 minutes ago, Mitsuaki07 said:

that might be a good budget to build a new system with a Ryzen CPU.  go something like this 

assuming you can use your old pc case. 

could i not use my existing hard drive and power supply or is it better to get a new one

2 minutes ago, Bob_101 said:

could i not use my existing hard drive and power supply or is it better to get a new one

you can add your existing drive to your new pc. since you struggle with 1TB that you currently own. I add an SSD and a 2TB HDD. for the PSU. I would rather buy a new one because its the most critical part on a computer. Dont cheap on them

11 minutes ago, Mitsuaki07 said:

you can add your existing drive to your new pc. since you struggle with 1TB that you currently own. I add an SSD and a 2TB HDD. for the PSU. I would rather buy a new one because its the most critical part on a computer. Don't cheap on them

ok and i just realised on the list there is no graphics card 

12 hours ago, Bob_101 said:

ok and i just realised on the list there is no graphics card 

its the same with your current pc. built in the cpu. 

because you dont want spend all of your budget buying gpu from scalpers right now

• 1 month later...

I have recently received a graphics card for my pc and I have installed it but I’m not sure I have put it in right as I cannot plug a hdmi cable into it because of a tiny lip on the case

image.jpg

image.jpg

4 minutes ago, Bob_101 said:

I have recently received a graphics card for my pc and I have installed it but I’m not sure I have put it in right as I cannot plug a hdmi cable into it because of a tiny lip on the case

image.jpg

image.jpg

That's installed upside down it appears... Did it click into the slot? PCI(-e) slots are keyed, so it should only fit one way.

EDIT: Nevermind, you can't install a PCI card upside down...

Edited by BadBoyHaloCat

1 minute ago, BadBoyHaloCat said:

That's installed upside down it appears... Did it click into the slot? PCI(-e) slots are keyed, so it should only fit one way.

EDIT: Nevermind, you can't install a PCI card upside down...

it looks like it is upside down but if it is then the ports are on the wrong end, this is my first ever graphics card i have installed

Just now, Bob_101 said:

it looks like it is upside down but if it is then the ports are on the wrong end, this is my first ever graphics card i have installed

Did it fit into the slot 100%? Looking from a more top-down view, do you see any of the golden connectors to the motherboard? (You shouldn't be able to.)

If I was to upgrade it, I would pop a SSD in, as just a spinning-rust drive is very slow nowadays - trust me, my daily driver laptop has only 1 slow HDD.

2 hours ago, BadBoyHaloCat said:

Did it fit into the slot 100%? Looking from a more top-down view, do you see any of the golden connectors to the motherboard? (You shouldn't be able to.)

If I was to upgrade it, I would pop a SSD in, as just a spinning-rust drive is very slow nowadays - trust me, my daily driver laptop has only 1 slow HDD.

yeah it is in it just doesn't line up with the screw hole very well and i cant get the hdmi cable to fit in the port because of a lip on the case