Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone, i just finished building a pc and i sort of did the spreading thermal paste instead of pea size.. So is this why my temperature is sort of like this?... What's the ideal may i know

uJZmqCT.png

8 minutes ago, DarshanDash said:

Hi everyone, i just finished building a pc and i sort of did the spreading thermal paste instead of pea size.. So is this why my temperature is sort of like this?... What's the ideal may i know

uJZmqCT.png

thats fine

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

Is this idle or load? If you're getting up to 76C idle, yeah, that could be a problem, but for load, that's actually pretty good.

However, we have no info about your case, CPU cooler, etc., and no real context for these numbers, so it's kind of impossible to tell you any meaningful.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: EVGA SuperNova 650 G+ 650W 80+ Gold · Case: Fractal Design Meshify C · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz

ok so

Just now, Chris Pratt said:

Is this idle or load? If you're getting up to 76C idle, yeah, that could be a problem, but for load, that's actually pretty good.

However, we have no info about your case, CPU cooler, etc., and no real context for these numbers, so it's kind of impossible to tell you any meaningful.

Ryzen 3600 

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200

Phanteks P300

GTX 1660 

Err ok i let it sit for a while and this are the results atm.. I'm just browsing the internet btw no games, apps atm

zsNvGW5.png

4 minutes ago, DarshanDash said:

ok so

Ryzen 3600 

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200

Phanteks P300

GTX 1660 

Err ok i let it sit for a while and this are the results atm.. I'm just browsing the internet btw no games, apps atm

zsNvGW5.png

62C is a little high for mostly idle/light use. Are you using the stock cooler? If so, that's your problem. Get a good single tower cooler instead.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: EVGA SuperNova 650 G+ 650W 80+ Gold · Case: Fractal Design Meshify C · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz

As @Chris Pratt already said, stock cooler (Wraith Stealth) on Ryzen 5 3600 is pretty bad:

image.png.648330e0d70e1a65160f4fdb0d7d57e4.png

A tiny slab of aluminium, no copper heat pipes, not even copper contacts...

44 minutes ago, DarshanDash said:

Well for that use-case you don't have to upgrade the cooler, that being said the upgrade doesn't need to be expensive.
Cheap, but way more suitable cooling solutions for that CPU are:
1) Unused 2nd hand Wraith Prism from eBay (25$ to 35$), even has RGB heh:

image.png.7cf8c1066dc7371971acd624197684f8.png

2) Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO V2 (~45$)

image.png.6b6b7ddcafa4db58aa5f76de11bb6ed2.png

3) Arctic Freezer 34 eSports (~40$) or if you want dual coolers eSports Core Duo (~50$)

image.png.f143fd9243f8299b02ef8bba0ff2b1c6.png

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

20 minutes ago, Biohazard777 said:

As @Chris Pratt already said, stock cooler (Wraith Stealth) on Ryzen 5 3600 is pretty bad:

image.png.648330e0d70e1a65160f4fdb0d7d57e4.png

A tiny slab of aluminium, no copper heat pipes, not even copper contacts...

Well for that use-case you don't have to upgrade the cooler, that being said the upgrade doesn't need to be expensive.
Cheap, but way more suitable cooling solutions for that CPU are:
1) Unused 2nd hand Wraith Prism from eBay (25$ to 35$), even has RGB heh:

image.png.7cf8c1066dc7371971acd624197684f8.png

2) Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO V2 (~45$)

image.png.6b6b7ddcafa4db58aa5f76de11bb6ed2.png

3) Arctic Freezer 34 eSports (~40$) or if you want dual coolers eSports Core Duo (~50$)

image.png.f143fd9243f8299b02ef8bba0ff2b1c6.png

not gonna lie when he said upgrade the cooler i immediately thought "Noctua" 

but seriously though is that  Wraith Prism good? I mean it's also stock for the upper tiers 

2 hours ago, DarshanDash said:

but seriously though is that  Wraith Prism good? I mean it's also stock for the upper tiers 

The difference between Wraith Stealth and Wraith Prism truly is night and day. Just seeing them side by side tells you a lot heh:
image.png.035729e5a36ffbef2441542fc87fbe02.png

I've personally swapped out the Stealth for Prism on 3 different Ryzen 5 3600(x) CPUs.
Run a stress test (like Aida64 stability test or Prime95) with a Stealth and it will fail to keep boost clocks within a couple of minutes, reaching 90c + (with ambient 24c) and forcing the CPU to run at lower clocks. Do the same with a Prism and the temps will remain under 85c and the boost clock will not drop for a second, even after torturing the poor thing for half an hour (though you will need a good airflow case as well if you keep the test running that long). I know that people say those kinds of test don't represent real world application... but IMHO that is only partially true. I've got work related software that utilizes 100% (of any CPU) for 10-20 minutes and sometimes for hours. Also when it comes to gaming, yeah right now pretty much no game will fully saturate that CPU, but how about 3 years from now? And lastly even if you truly never end up fully utilizing your CPU, isn't it better to have your fan practically at idle (less noise), while also prolonging the life of the CPU 🙂.

Prism has:
1) A lot larger thermal mass, meaning sudden CPU spikes (that happen a lot) will be absorbed by the heatsink and dissipated without having the cooler ramp up each time.
2) A lot bigger dissipation surface area.
3) Copper heat pipes for more efficient thermal transfer.
4) More powerful cooler.

For real world comparison you can take a look at this techspot article:
https://www.techspot.com/review/1635-amd-wraith-coolers-compared/

2 hours ago, DarshanDash said:

I mean it's also stock for the upper tiers 

That is why they can be found for cheap unused on eBay, since higher tier CPUs... well they also need something better than stock provided ones if the customer wants to get the full use out of his CPU.

3 hours ago, Biohazard777 said:

The difference between Wraith Stealth and Wraith Prism truly is night and day. Just seeing them side by side tells you a lot heh:
image.png.035729e5a36ffbef2441542fc87fbe02.png

I've personally swapped out the Stealth for Prism on 3 different Ryzen 5 3600(x) CPUs.
Run a stress test (like Aida64 stability test or Prime95) with a Stealth and it will fail to keep boost clocks within a couple of minutes, reaching 90c + (with ambient 24c) and forcing the CPU to run at lower clocks. Do the same with a Prism and the temps will remain under 85c and the boost clock will not drop for a second, even after torturing the poor thing for half an hour (though you will need a good airflow case as well if you keep the test running that long). I know that people say those kinds of test don't represent real world application... but IMHO that is only partially true. I've got work related software that utilizes 100% (of any CPU) for 10-20 minutes and sometimes for hours. Also when it comes to gaming, yeah right now pretty much no game will fully saturate that CPU, but how about 3 years from now? And lastly even if you truly never end up fully utilizing your CPU, isn't it better to have your fan practically at idle (less noise), while also prolonging the life of the CPU 🙂.

Prism has:
1) A lot larger thermal mass, meaning sudden CPU spikes (that happen a lot) will be absorbed by the heatsink and dissipated without having the cooler ramp up each time.
2) A lot bigger dissipation surface area.
3) Copper heat pipes for more efficient thermal transfer.
4) More powerful cooler.

For real world comparison you can take a look at this techspot article:
https://www.techspot.com/review/1635-amd-wraith-coolers-compared/

That is why they can be found for cheap unused on eBay, since higher tier CPUs... well they also need something better than stock provided ones if the customer wants to get the full use out of his CPU.

but compared to say like a cooler master 212, wouldn't it fall behind? I actually purchased one just earlier lol 

11 minutes ago, DarshanDash said:

but compared to say like a cooler master 212, wouldn't it fall behind? I actually purchased one just earlier lol 

Yes the 212 will outperform Prism, but they will both be good cooling solution for the Ryzen 5 3600.
Wraith Prism does have a few advantages over the 212, for starters I doubt you can find 212 for 25$ unused,
also if you are into RGB Prism has that covered (and looks great IMHO) while with the 212 you'd have to spend even more to get an RGB fan.
At the end of the day it doesn't really matter, so long as you aren't using Wraith Stealth (which is simply not good enough for that CPU).

Aight herro everyone again, just installed the cm hyper 212 rgb black edition (used)

and my results are as below... It seemed to improve but whenever im editing on some videos on premiere the temperature spikes to like 70C and it starts to lag... Am i suppose to factor something in ..?

fH4DWwz.png