Change variable name with a modifier (python 2.7) due to limitations

Dujith

So for this KNX聽server (Gira Homeserver) its possible to write your own code, now there are limitations (1 being its Python 2.7 with a fixed library)

And i want to simplify an action, but i'm not sure how. My python knowledge is low and most stuff i just google 馃槃

Now for the problem:

Whenever i make a logic module i first have to specify the inputs and outputs. After that a program generates a py file in which i can enter my own code.

The module i'm making will talk via TCP to a security system and tell me which zones are activated for all kinds of stuff i want todo with KNX (lights, visualization of doors on the touchscreen ect.)

I get that data by a binaire number that tells me the zones activated:聽https://linustechtips.com/topic/1330742-decoding-a-tcp-response/?tab=comments#comment-14678574聽again thanks to @Eigenvektor

So i made a module that has 10 inputs and 10 ouputs (3 more inputs for the IP, port and trigger) and it generated this:

class Integra10834(hsl20_3.BaseModule):

def __init__(self, homeserver_context):
        hsl20_3.BaseModule.__init__(self, homeserver_context, "Integra")
        self.FRAMEWORK = self._get_framework()
        self.LOGGER = self._get_logger(hsl20_3.LOGGING_NONE,())
        self.PIN_I_IPADRES=1
        self.PIN_I_POORT=2
        self.PIN_I_ZONE_STATUS=3
        self.PIN_I_ZONE1=4
        self.PIN_I_ZONE2=5
        self.PIN_I_ZONE3=6
        self.PIN_I_ZONE4=7
        self.PIN_I_ZONE5=8
        self.PIN_I_ZONE6=9
        self.PIN_I_ZONE7=10
        self.PIN_I_ZONE8=11
        self.PIN_I_ZONE9=12
        self.PIN_I_ZONE10=13
        self.PIN_O_ZONESTATUS1=1
        self.PIN_O_ZONESTATUS2=2
        self.PIN_O_ZONESTATUS3=3
        self.PIN_O_ZONESTATUS4=4
        self.PIN_O_ZONESTATUS5=5
        self.PIN_O_ZONESTATUS6=6
        self.PIN_O_ZONESTATUS7=7
        self.PIN_O_ZONESTATUS8=8
        self.PIN_O_ZONESTATUS9=9
        self.PIN_O_ZONESTATUS10=10
        self.FRAMEWORK._run_in_context_thread(self.on_init)

At some point i check the binary number to get the zones with this:

for x in databin:
                        if x == "1":
                            zones.append(bit)
                        else:
                            if bit in zones:
                                zones.remove(bit)
                        bit += 1

databin being the stored binary number in a string. This way i get the zone number in zones

Now i just have to compare the zone numbers i put into 1 of the 10 pins and trigger the output pin.

But how can i do this in a better way then make 10 if statements?

After doing some more searching it seems i can do something with exec, gonna聽be a bit hacky but it works聽馃槃

for y in range(1,11):
	exec "yy = self._get_input_value(self.PIN_I_ZONE" + str(y) + ")"

This is then followed by a check in the zones list i made for that value (numbers are unique so can do a simple in statement.)

and with the y i can set the output number to on or off.

There prob is a better way todo this, but then i would need to spend alot more time in python聽馃槆

3 minutes ago, Sakuriru said:

I don't really quite understand why you're trying to do here, but why not use enums. Then you can just do:

If i could i would have, but i'm limited on how the KNX server presents its inputs and outputs in python.

When i specify how much inputs and outputs a module will have it generates that code i posted in the first post.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config>
    <modules>
        <module category="Logic2_0" context="Integra" id="10834" name="Integra" version="1.0">
            <inputs>
                <input type="string" const_name="ipadres" init_value="192.168.1.50">IP adres</input>
                <input type="number" const_name="poort" init_value="7094">Poort</input>
                <input type="number" const_name="zone_status" init_value="0">Zone Status</input>
                <input type="number" const_name="zone1" init_value="1">Zone Nummer (1)</input>
                <input type="number" const_name="zone2" init_value="2">Zone Nummer (2)</input>
                <input type="number" const_name="zone3" init_value="3">Zone Nummer (3)</input>
                <input type="number" const_name="zone4" init_value="4">Zone Nummer (4)</input>
                <input type="number" const_name="zone5" init_value="5">Zone Nummer (5)</input>
                <input type="number" const_name="zone6" init_value="6">Zone Nummer (6)</input>
                <input type="number" const_name="zone7" init_value="7">Zone Nummer (7)</input>
                <input type="number" const_name="zone8" init_value="8">Zone Nummer (8)</input>
                <input type="number" const_name="zone9" init_value="9">Zone Nummer (9)</input>
                <input type="number" const_name="zone10" init_value="10">Zone Nummer (10)</input>
            </inputs>
            <outputs>
                <output type="number" const_name="ZoneStatus1" init_value="0">Zone Status (1)</output>
                <output type="number" const_name="ZoneStatus2" init_value="0">Zone Status (2)</output>
                <output type="number" const_name="ZoneStatus3" init_value="0">Zone Status (3)</output>
                <output type="number" const_name="ZoneStatus4" init_value="0">Zone Status (4)</output>
                <output type="number" const_name="ZoneStatus5" init_value="0">Zone Status (5)</output>
                <output type="number" const_name="ZoneStatus6" init_value="0">Zone Status (6)</output>
                <output type="number" const_name="ZoneStatus7" init_value="0">Zone Status (7)</output>
                <output type="number" const_name="ZoneStatus8" init_value="0">Zone Status (8)</output>
                <output type="number" const_name="ZoneStatus9" init_value="0">Zone Status (9)</output>
                <output type="number" const_name="ZoneStatus10" init_value="0">Zone Status (10)</output>

</outputs>
        </module>
    </modules>
 </config>

self.PIN_I_ZONE1 being the first one and so on.

Then i need to use self._get_input_value(self.PIN_I_ZONE1) to get the value in that input, and i set an output with self._set_output_value(self.PIN_O_ZONESTATUS1, 1)

Its just how the module works and i cannot change that part sadly.

image.png.231fc8fab7103395cac8ce0b90d0de05.png

In the KNX server it look like this. So for a system with 100 zones i can pick out a few i need to switch on lights (Door opens at night so the hallway will come on for example)