Are cooling pads good for laptops??

I am thinking of buying a laptop with an amd cpu. So should I buy a cooling pad or not?? 

It depends on what the airflow is like with the laptop. Also if this laptop has a GPU or not.

5 minutes ago, DobertRownySr said:

It depends on what the airflow is like with the laptop. Also if this laptop has a GPU or not.

Idk about the airflow because I haven't bought it yet but what I know that It has an amd ryzen 5 cpu and gtx 1650ti gpu

Just now, AlphaGigachadgamer said:

Idk about the airflow because I haven't bought it yet but what I know that It has an amd ryzen 5 cpu and gtx 1650ti gpu

Look up reviews, see if the bottom of the laptop is being choked or not. If it is, then a cooling pad can help.

Cooling pads tend to do nothing. Really the most they do is lift the laptop off of the surface a bit and allow it to suck in air easier. Those with active airflow add no cooling what so ever as it's simply put all handled by the laptop.

Cooling all depends on the laptop so make sure the one you buy has a good cooler.

It can help if youre planning to use it on a bed or on your laps (as the name suggests). It will help both your laptop and your laps not to be uncomfortable from a hot surface.

Otherwise, as it seems to be quite a modern laptop, cooling by its regular means is usually ok.

Prefer not to keep the laptop on a soft surface such as a bed or cushion they tend to choke the airflow. I've been using a cooling pad similar to this (https://www.amazon.com/Kootek-Laptop-Cooling-Adjustable-Notebook/dp/B07GTH3N11/ref=sr_1_19?dchild=1&keywords=Tarkan+cooling+pad&qid=1620695485&sr=8-19) , it helps but only under sustained load while I'm gaming or running simulations. Just keeping the airflow unrestricted will do the job 99% of the time.

Edited by Mayank_1999_
Quotes and spelling.