The Oculus hate train is strong

digitalnav

That proves what? People capitalizing AFTER THE FACT. Oculus wouldn't have the media attention it did if not for the Facebook deal. 

True, but I think you over exaggerate the "Oculus is a no one" bit. They have John Carmack on their staff. I think that would count for something if they wanted to sell stock.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Here we go again with the Oculus Rift. Would any of you be angry if they sold to any other company? Short of Microsoft, Apple, Google, or whatever giant corporation you can think of, would you honest-to-god be mad if they sold to anyone other than Facebook? I somehow doubt this.

You doubt this? Why?

I for one would be glad, if they had sold to someone else. Apple, Google, Microsoft, Sony ... I don't care. 

I hate Facebook with a passion and don't ever want anything to do with anything Zuckerberg touches. I also never used WhatsApp or Instagram. Facebook is the worst shit that happened to the internet ever since AOL sent out millions of their free internet access discs in order to get all the not so smart folks online.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

Facebook is worse than TWC or Comcast and their consumer harming policies when it comes to the internet? 

Gee, TIL

You doubt this? Why?

I for one would be glad, if they had sold to someone else. Apple, Google, Microsoft, Sony ... I don't care. 

I hate Facebook with a passion and don't ever want anything to do with anything Zuckerberg touches. I also never used WhatsApp or Instagram. Facebook is the worst shit that happened to the internet ever since AOL sent out millions of their free internet access discs in order to get all the not so smart folks online.

My point exactly.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

oculus = A new way to experience facebook 

lol

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

They should have just kept up but, it probably wont change anything much. Quit worrying about it.