Expanding Storage

Hi, I am trying to make a Windows/Linux dual boot machine. I've got Windows 10 running at the moment. However, I've used up all my SATA ports on my motherboard. I purchased a:

https://www.sybausa.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=183

and it works in Windows 10 just fine. The software runs through the web browser. But BIOS doesn't recognise the card or the drives attached to it. So I can't install Linux since the installer can't recognise the target location!

I'm guessing I bought the wrong el cheapo RAID card, but I don't know what card to get that will be recognised by BIOS! Any suggestions? I only need to connect 2 drives to it (for now) + my DVD drive, so at least 3 SATA connectors is a must, preferably and ideally 5 (if these even exist) since then I would be able to add additional drives later as the needs arise.

Any ideas?

Plug the linux drive in one of the mb port.

The less important drive (for windows) to the card.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

I didn't think of that, but the problem is that the RAID card appears to only have Windows based software. I bought it a long time ago, not sure what I was thinking when I bought it to be honest. I don't remember whether I had Linux in mind. Most likely, I was expecting it to be recognised by the BIOS. I probably thought that a physical RAID card would be recognised by BIOS by default, so I don't think I even considered that it would be an OS specific thing, so most likely didn't even check this.

And then I want my Linux to be RAID 1, can you even create a RAID 1 configuration after you install it on just one disk?

Do it seems like that RAID card was realised when UEFI wasn't a thing, so it's not recognised. Maybe that's the problem?

Have spent some time researching this and it seems that I should be looking for bootable RAID cards.