should i buy?

i am big dum dum, and idk a lot about ram only the other pc stuff. should i buy this 8gb stick of ram?, (i have 2x4 hyperx fury ram currently) should i buy this in the future?.

(amazon ram link)

it's....  ram?

Going from 2x4 to 1x8 isn't going to get you anything.  Why do you want to buy it?

2 minutes ago, tkitch said:

it's....  ram?

Going from 2x4 to 1x8 isn't going to get you anything.  Why do you want to buy it?

i have 8gigs of ram rn and i am working on a lot of graphic work and i am trying to have more preformance from the ram place

Just now, DrunkTruck said:

i have 8gigs of ram rn and i am working on a lot of graphic work and i am trying to have more preformance from the ram place

So you want to upgrade to 16?  Do you have 4 slots for RAM on your board?

Just now, tkitch said:

So you want to upgrade to 16?  Do you have 4 slots for RAM on your board?

yes, i have 4 slots. two of them are currently in use for two sticks for 4gb of ram.

yes, i have 4 slots. two of them are currently in use for two sticks for 4gb of ram.

then buy the exact same kit again

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

Just now, davemc said:

then buy the exact same kit again

i didn't build this pc (":.. does it matter if i only know the brand and kind of ram?

3 minutes ago, DrunkTruck said:

i didn't build this pc (":.. does it matter if i only know the brand and kind of ram?

try to find the cas latency and speed and brand. the brand and speed will be easy, for brand look on the sticks themselves and speed use task manager

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, davemc said:

try to find the cas latency and speed and brand. the brand and speed will be easy, for brand look on the sticks themselves and speed use task manager

i already know that both of them are Hyperx fury 4gb's each one of them, but i am really not sure about the speed because it confuses me between the program and the bios numbers (edit: they are 2000mhz.. i think.)

i already know that both of them are Hyperx fury 4gb's each one of them, but i am really not sure about the speed because it confuses me between the program and the bios numbers 

use performance in task manager

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, davemc said:

use performance in task manager

i looked there, it says 2000mhz, which oddly i can't find on any stores in israel close to my house are 

Open cpu-z and hit the SPD tab. It will show the part number of the memory that's installed....

2 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Open cpu-z and hit the SPD tab. It will show the part number of the memory that's installed....

image.png.1a428b5930ada367d14b8d6f523bbb76.png

um...is kingston apart of hyperx?..

20 minutes ago, DrunkTruck said:

image.png.1a428b5930ada367d14b8d6f523bbb76.png

um...is kingston apart of hyperx?..

Yes. Kingston is manufacturer and Hyper X is model name. 

KHX2133C14D4/4G is the part number.

This memory is rated 2133mhz Jedec only. It is not OC memory.

2 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Yes. Kingston is manufacturer and Hyper X is model name. 

KHX2133C14D4/4G is the part number.

This memory is rated 2133mhz Jedec only. It is not OC memory.

thnks :), now i can buy the same kit and upgrade.