Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RGB Trident Royal not syncing/one sometimes goes out

asus x570 crosshair /w wifi

5950x

msi 3090 gaming x trio

32gb 4000mhz CL17 trident z royal (2x16)

custom loop with thick 480 and 360 rads both set up for push/pull

 

Used to have a 2700x processor in the rig as a placeholder and the RGB ram worked perfectly, now they wont sync with the rest of the board and components on startup so i just switched to default rainbow puke so they somewhat match albeit the colors are not synced up to display at the same time as the rest of the tower. Now I am kind of fed up with them as one of the sticks will randomly go out and not display any color. This problem is purely aesthetic as the processor and ram function fine... have tried the ASUS armoury crate and aura, neither will get the ram to cooperate.... is it the board the ram or more than likely (at least in my head it is), the processor causing this issue??

 

Note - system isn't stable at 4000mhz so it is at 3933 i think.

 

any help would be appreciated

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Heyblinken said:

asus x570 crosshair /w wifi

5950x

msi 3090 gaming x trio

32gb 4000mhz CL17 trident z royal (2x16)

custom loop with thick 480 and 360 rads both set up for push/pull

 

Used to have a 2700x processor in the rig as a placeholder and the RGB ram worked perfectly, now they wont sync with the rest of the board and components on startup so i just switched to default rainbow puke so they somewhat match albeit the colors are not synced up to display at the same time as the rest of the tower. Now I am kind of fed up with them as one of the sticks will randomly go out and not display any color. This problem is purely aesthetic as the processor and ram function fine... have tried the ASUS armoury crate and aura, neither will get the ram to cooperate.... is it the board the ram or more than likely (at least in my head it is), the processor causing this issue??

 

Note - system isn't stable at 4000mhz so it is at 3933 i think.

 

any help would be appreciated

Are there multiple sticks?  Are they synched with each other but not the rest of the rgb? Upgrading a cpu necessitates pulling the cooler which means knocking internal components around. If it’s just one stick being wonky I suspect physical damage.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 sticks and if i set the tower to a static color, the sticks will both be the default rainbow unless i manually sync them in armoury or aura. i just set the whole tower to rainbow because i was tired of manually setting the RGB just to get the RAM sticks to sync but now one of the sticks is dark (it does it sometimes but they both go back to rainbow with a restart usually). Everything else plugged into the RGB hubs and addressable RGB headers syncs (including after restart) to whatever color or lighting scheme i set in armoury or aura but the dang RAM.

 

Sorry if the previous post was scant on details, was in a bit of a hurry.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Heyblinken said:

2 sticks and if i set the tower to a static color, the sticks will both be the default rainbow unless i manually sync them in armoury or aura. i just set the whole tower to rainbow because i was tired of manually setting the RGB just to get the RAM sticks to sync but now one of the sticks is dark (it does it sometimes but they both go back to rainbow with a restart usually). Everything else plugged into the RGB hubs and addressable RGB headers syncs (including after restart) to whatever color or lighting scheme i set in armoury or aura but the dang RAM.

 

Sorry if the previous post was scant on details, was in a bit of a hurry.

Hmm.  When you updated the cpu did you reflash the bios too? (Betting not)

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can see the dark stick and then the rainbow on the other stick of ram isn’t syncing with the tower rainbow in this pic (pls ignore the forehead smudge on the glass lol). Have built a lot of computers but this is my first full RGB build and it’s just a baffling aesthetic issue. I flashed the Bios on the board to ensure the 5950x would work with it since I had bought the board leading up to 5000 series launch. I have not flashed it recently, I do need the resizable bar for Nvidia support though so maybe I’ll give that a shot and see if it fixes the RGB. Appreciate the help and if it doesn’t work... maybe I’ll contact the ram manufacturer to see if they’ve heard of the problem

BE4F53AD-2E70-4C0E-829C-1D9525346B8B.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Heyblinken said:

You can see the dark stick and then the rainbow on the other stick of ram isn’t syncing with the tower rainbow in this pic (pls ignore the forehead smudge on the glass lol). Have built a lot of computers but this is my first full RGB build and it’s just a baffling aesthetic issue. I flashed the Bios on the board to ensure the 5950x would work with it since I had bought the board leading up to 5000 series launch. I have not flashed it recently, I do need the resizable bar for Nvidia support though so maybe I’ll give that a shot and see if it fixes the RGB. Appreciate the help and if it doesn’t work... maybe I’ll contact the ram manufacturer to see if they’ve heard of the problem

BE4F53AD-2E70-4C0E-829C-1D9525346B8B.jpeg

Speaking aesthetically rgb is basically lighting.  Really really expensive lighting. So if you’ve got something that would benefit from being lit it can do that.  Lighting can be a really twitchy thing though. There are books on it.  If the bios has been flashed there’s another possibility down.  If there was a BIOS that had rgb bugs in it that was fixed there would have been swaths of people having that problem.  Haven’t heard of any.   Clearing the CMOS also might not hurt. Just because.  It might be an incompatibility with that specific model of memory and that specific board and some specific piece of software too.  Rgb software is famously buggy.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×