Weird gpu/motherboard issue

Sorry if this is the wrong place but I'm at my wits end.

Ryzen 5 3600

gigabyte 1060 3gb

32gb 3200mhz Ballistix  (4x8)

A520 Aorus Elite Motherboard

2 brand new psu's - thermaltake 550 and evga 600

Symptopms - the pc will be running just fine and then I'll lose video signal. Everything else stays on, I could still hear and talk to the person I was on zoom with. If I shut the pc down and wait a while, it'll come back on with video signal but turn off again. I bought a brand new psu. Same problem. I've tried different memory configurations, I flashed the latest bios, I tried the other pcie slot, I've tried different cables, I've replaced the cmos battery, and I've tried different monitors. I get the same issue every time. The card is not under load and it's not overheating, I checked gpu-z, while I did have video signal, with furmark running for 30 minutes and the card never went over 70c. I put the gpu in a different pc and it didn't have any issues but wouldn't output anything the second I put it back in the other pc. I'm guessing it's the motherboard at this point but I haven't seen anything like this and I'm wondering if anyone has any explanation or clarification. The pc has been running fine for 2 months and just started doing this a week ago.

2 minutes ago, Jshauk said:

Sorry if this is the wrong place but I'm at my wits end.

Ryzen 5 3600

gigabyte 1060 3gb

32gb 3200mhz Ballistix  (4x8)

A520 Aorus Elite Motherboard

2 brand new psu's - thermaltake 550 and evga 600

Symptopms - the pc will be running just fine and then I'll lose video signal. Everything else stays on, I could still hear and talk to the person I was on zoom with. If I shut the pc down and wait a while, it'll come back on with video signal but turn off again. I bought a brand new psu. Same problem. I've tried different memory configurations, I flashed the latest bios, I tried the other pcie slot, I've tried different cables, and I've tried different monitors. I get the same issue every time. The card is not under load and it's not overheating, I checked gpu-z, while I did have video signal, with furmark running for 30 minutes and the card never went over 70c. I put the gpu in a different pc and it didn't have any issues but wouldn't output anything the second I put it back in the other pc. I'm guessing it's the motherboard at this point but I haven't seen anything like this and I'm wondering if anyone has any explanation or clarification. The pc has been running fine for 2 months and just started doing this a week ago.

Hmm it seems like the PCIE controller on your CPU might be partially broken. Is it too late to RMA the CPU if it comes to that? 

What PSUs specifically are you using? If it's something like a Thermaltake Smart White and EVGA W1, neither is really capable of handling any kind of modern hardware thanks to their severe crossload instability.

2 minutes ago, Grabhanem said:

What PSUs specifically are you using? If it's something like a Thermaltake Smart White and EVGA W1, neither is really capable of handling any kind of modern hardware thanks to their severe crossload instability.

Both actually. So it could just be that? Could that have damaged the motherboard though? It's weird to me that the pc worked for 2 months before this started happening.

10 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

Hmm it seems like the PCIE controller on your CPU might be partially broken. Is it too late to RMA the CPU if it comes to that? 

I bought it new exactly 5 months ago so I hope so, but I also hope that it doesn't come to that.

3 minutes ago, Jshauk said:

Both actually. So it could just be that? Could that have damaged the motherboard though? It's weird to me that the pc worked for 2 months before this started happening.

It’s possible that the capacitors and such on the PSU were slowly warring out over 2 months I suppose 

Just now, doomsriker said:

It’s possible that the capacitors and such on the PSU were slowly warring out over 2 months I suppose 

That's what I thought at first, but I bought the EVGA psu today, plugged it in and got nothing. And by nothing I mean the same thing.

could it be that the motherboard capacitors have gone bad or something? I'm just hoping the fix is cheap haha

5 minutes ago, Jshauk said:

That's what I thought at first, but I bought the EVGA psu today, plugged it in and got nothing. And by nothing I mean the same thing.

Yea like I said probably the CPU and maybe the motherboard. Honestly might be worth the annoying Down Time to just RMA both and save yourself hours of troubleshooting as you would than be able to rule out that as an issue. Ram could also be causing these issues I suppose, but that is unlikely. 

3 minutes ago, Jshauk said:

could it be that the motherboard capacitors have gone bad or something? I'm just hoping the fix is cheap haha

Probably not the caps, more likely a bios issue or some faulty controller chip or other chip. 

well i'm getting a new mobo first. I'll update later for anyone else who comes across this issue.

1 hour ago, Jshauk said:

Those PSUs being group regulated means that they can have some unpredictable behavior, especially on either high GPU load or coming in and out of idle states - basically, anytime the 12V and 5V load are unbalanced. Capacitor aging probably makes a fairly major difference as well, especially with cheaper PSUs that are rated to very low temperatures typically.