Leak Test; Cable Adapter

So i want to build a system and Leak Test it ofc. since the pump/reservoir combo i got (EKWB SPC 160) only has a 5 cm pwm cable for some reason (i will get an extension) i cant leak test it by shorting the 3rd adn 4th pin on the 24 pi because the PWM headers are obviously not gonna have power. But can i use one of those Adapters to have the Pump connected to my PSU for leak testing purposes?

Ping me or quote me in replys ples. Anyone talking about AiOs and trashing people for a front mount watch THIS JAYZTWOCENTS VID because u 99.9% skipped or didnt understand the Gamers Nexus vid...

Spoiler

Also pineapple doesnt go on pizza

5 hours ago, rafe_28 said:

So i want to build a system and Leak Test it ofc. since the pump/reservoir combo i got (EKWB SPC 160) only has a 5 cm pwm cable for some reason (i will get an extension) i cant leak test it by shorting the 3rd adn 4th pin on the 24 pi because the PWM headers are obviously not gonna have power. But can i use one of those Adapters to have the Pump connected to my PSU for leak testing purposes?

If you leave the PWM cable disconnected, the pump will run at 100% (a feature of most, if not all D5 pumps). The PWM cable for the pump carries PWM Signal & Tach wires - no power; power is supplied via the Molex cable. You have no need for the adapter you linked.

It doesnt have a molex. Its jsut pwm

And its not a D5. Its some Ek specific pump.

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-classic-pump-reservoir-160-spc-pwm-d-rgb

This one

Ping me or quote me in replys ples. Anyone talking about AiOs and trashing people for a front mount watch THIS JAYZTWOCENTS VID because u 99.9% skipped or didnt understand the Gamers Nexus vid...

Spoiler

@rafe_28 - Sorry, I incorrectly assumed D5. Yeah, the cable you linked in the first post will be fine. It has the same pinout as the EK-Cable Pump Testing Adapter (Gnd & 12V) and there is no need for the PWM signal as the pump will default to 100%.

Ok tyyyy. 

I am always a bit cautious with cables

Spoiler