PC won't boot with GPU plugged in.

For a little info I have a RX 590, a evga 550 watt bronze+ power supply, a b450 A-csm motherboard and a ryzen 2600 cpu.. So i recently cleaned my computer out and after it wont turn on. I've found out that if the GPU power cables are plugged into the GPU, my PC wont turn on. Probably something dumb I did but if i plug in the cables while the pc IS turned on it makes a small static electricty sound and the pc will turn off. clarifying by turn on I mean the fan runs and everything. Best case scenario its only a bad power supply or bad power cables. I am gonna test the gpu in a friends pc but it wont be for awhile so im just asking for any tips until then for any clues to fix my problem. 

4 minutes ago, riotxerz said:

Probably something dumb I did but if i plug in the cables while the pc IS turned on it makes a small static electricty sound and the pc will turn off.

definitely don't do that.

4 minutes ago, riotxerz said:

I am gonna test the gpu in a friends pc but it wont be for awhile so im just asking for any tips until then for any clues to fix my problem.

if you don't have a different psu/gpu to try, and have checked all the connections, that's probably the best thing to do next.