Hello everyone wondering if I can get a hand with an issue I have been having with my newish pc recently . To start off I built this pc about 4-5 months ago with almost all new parts ( old parts being hard drives with games and case ) that being said everything was brand new and working perfectly fine these last few months until about a week ago I have been stuck in a boot loop before I can even access the BIOS! That being said the only thing I did before this with the system was a windows update in which the pc did not shutoff at all and acted perfectly fine until going to use the next day and experiencing the above mentioned. I have been doing a bunch of research and trying a few different things and nothing has worked so I am planning on taking to the pc shop that I bought the parts from if we are unable to figure out here . What I have done so far is first verified almost all my components are working fine the only 2 I cannot confirm are the motherboard and CPU due to incompatibility with old pc . I tried clearing the cmos and even changing the battery out with a new one and that is the only time I get a somewhat different result after changing cmos I get black screen with white letters saying f1 to boot saved setup or f2 for setup menu and I have tried both and still end up with the same result of the pc boot looping with the "MAG" logo on screen and only half of the bios print showing up . My final try was to flash the bios , I used old pc and put file on thumb drive did the whole rest of the process and am still having the same results. Please any useful suggestions would be greatly appreciated . Thanks .

( Picture is screen in boot loop)

Screenshot_20210504-161341_Video Player.jpg

Edited by Parise3
Typo

Its always easier to try a different cpu than it is a board, but from the sounds of it, that's about your only option right now.

Good Luck!

Just now, ShrimpBrime said:

Its always easier to try a different cpu than it is a board, but from the sounds of it, that's about your only option right now.

Good Luck!

Yeah that's kinda my thought right now as well, I asked some coworkers if they have any older am4 socketed CPUs sitting around so hopefully one of them does for me to try and if not gonna just head up to shop to see if they would .

Thanks.

Hello just wanted to put up an update and also maybe get more answers . So I have diagnosed the issue to the gen 4 PCIE slot is not working correctly ,it will continue to boot loop before I can even access the BIOS but if I use the gen 3 slot it works like it used to but obviously at slower speeds . So I put in a ticket through MSI and am currently waiting for a response from them. Until then I just wanted to post this in case someone is having or does have similar issue's. If you also have a possible fix for this I would definitely be interested in any help . Thank you.