new build-first-entry level

Go to solution Solved by aidantt,

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: minecraft(shaders occasionally at low settings) fortnite maybe, rocket league, maybe light video editing

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): i want to play at 720 p 165 fps

critique me pls

i am using igpu bc we are kind of in a global shortage/pandemic

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: minecraft(shaders occasionally at low settings) fortnite maybe, rocket league, maybe light video editing

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): i want to play at 720 p 165 fps

critique me pls

i am using igpu bc we are kind of in a global shortage/pandemic

i'd go with this: more ram(as it's shared with the igpu) and more storage, overall lower price.

Just now, boggy77 said:

i'd go with this: more ram(as it's shared with the igpu) and more storage, overall lower price.

Seems like a better build overall.

OP could get a higher wattage PSU if he plans to upgrade to a dedicated GPU.

Tbh I would save up and get at least the R5 with integrated graphics.

Personally I would avoid those DRAM-less SSDs. In many cases models with DRAM are only a bit more expensive. 

-+-+- This is a reminder to clean the dust filters of your PC! -+-+-

Main PC:

Ryzen 5 1600 3.8GHz - RX 570 4GB - 2x8GB DDR4 - ASUS Prime X370-Pro - Shadow Rock 2 - Define S - Seasonic Prime Gold 650W

500GB NVME SSD - 1TB SATA SSD - 1TB HDD - Windows 10 Pro

Dorm PC:

i5 4590 - GTX 960 4GB - 2x4GB DDR3 - ASUS H81M2 - Dark Rock 3 - Define R3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Seasonic S12 430W - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

NAS:

Pentium G4400 - 4GB DDR4 - Fujitsu Esprimo P556 - 250GB SATA SSD - 2 x 4TB NAS HDD - 12V PSU - OpenMediaVault

Laptop:

Dell Latitude E6520 - i5 2430M - 2x4GB DDR3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

Just now, GrayTech said:

Personally I would avoid those DRAM-less SSDs. In many cases models with DRAM are only a bit more expensive. 

The difference in IGPU performance is mostly insignificant,it only matters if op wants to put a beefy GPU in the future.

He should also look into looking for 4650G system mentioned in the newest LTT video.

2 minutes ago, GrayTech said:

500w are enough for any nvidia XX60 series.

Just now, boggy77 said:

500w are enough for any nvidia XX60 series.

True. Judging by his budget, I don't expect him to drop in a 3070 one day.

Just now, Cheburek said:

The difference in IGPU performance is mostly insignificant,it only matters if op wants to put a beefy GPU in the future.

He should also look into looking for 4650G system mentioned in the newest LTT video.

Getting the Ryzen 5 CPU will help if he decides to get a GPU when prices go down instead. I almost forgot that those 4th gen Ryzen with integrated graphics exist.

I suggest OP should watch the video you linked.

-+-+- This is a reminder to clean the dust filters of your PC! -+-+-

Main PC:

Ryzen 5 1600 3.8GHz - RX 570 4GB - 2x8GB DDR4 - ASUS Prime X370-Pro - Shadow Rock 2 - Define S - Seasonic Prime Gold 650W

500GB NVME SSD - 1TB SATA SSD - 1TB HDD - Windows 10 Pro

Dorm PC:

i5 4590 - GTX 960 4GB - 2x4GB DDR3 - ASUS H81M2 - Dark Rock 3 - Define R3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Seasonic S12 430W - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

NAS:

Pentium G4400 - 4GB DDR4 - Fujitsu Esprimo P556 - 250GB SATA SSD - 2 x 4TB NAS HDD - 12V PSU - OpenMediaVault

Laptop:

Dell Latitude E6520 - i5 2430M - 2x4GB DDR3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

1 hour ago, GrayTech said:

are there any other mobo options that dont require a bios update with an older cpu

23 minutes ago, aidantt said:

are there any other mobo options that dont require a bios update with an older cpu

the pro4 should be fine, the 3200g has been out for a long time, I imagine all 450 boards now ship with the correct bios.

your initial bazooka is alsoo good if you want to be 100% sure it works out of the box.

3 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

the pro4 should be fine, the 3200g has been out for a long time, I imagine all 450 boards now ship with the correct bios.

your initial bazooka is alsoo good if you want to be 100% sure it works out of the box.

would a 

Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2 be ok as well

3 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

both the pro4 and bazooka are just better boards

thanks so much

2 hours ago, boggy77 said:

Generally a good build, although I'd definitely swap this SSD for a one with DRAM, Crucial P1 is only $5 more