No Gaming PC? No Problem!

Plouffe

We took a look at Lenovo Legion Duel Phone 2, Nubia RedMagic 6 Pro, and ASUS ROG Phone 5 Ultimate to help you make some hard choices during the silicon shortage

Buy the Asus ROG Phone 5 (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/1Ez79s

Buy the Nubia RedMagic 6 Pro (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/dwqeLQ

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ujDlJaSbbM

pog, the asmr build guide is really coming

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

#MuricaParrotGang

The meme thread

All of my image memes are made with GIMP.

My specs are crap but if you are interested:

Spoiler

The meme-making machine - Optiplex 780:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 GHz

GPU: NVidia Quadro FX 580

RAM: 2 GB

SSD: Non-existent

HDD: 1 TB

Laptop: HP 255 G7

CPU: Ryzen 5 3500U

GPU: Radeon Vega 8

RAM: 8 GB

SSD: 500 GB NVMe

Nice video, but Asus ROG phone doesn't start at $1500 dollars. It's actually misleading tbh, the 3 versions do not differ from chipset but just GB memory and storage.

It's unfair to compare to mention redmagic price with 128gb storage against  rog Phone 5 with max storage and GB memory, when they've a 128gb storage version for $750 dollars. The Rog Phone 5 ultimate is just made for the fancy pants that want their phone look cooler and don't care about price/performance ratio. 

Would have been better to mention that the Rog Phone 5 have cheaper models with same gaming performance. Now it sounds you're punishing Asus for them to provide a fancy pants phone when they have cheaper models with a more reasonable price that are gaming phones.

Anyway this is not an attack, I just wished you guys were a tiny bit more informative about the options and pricing of the Rog Phone 5. I hope you guys pick this up next time when you guys do a comparison and have a nice day!

image.png.1204f68cdb8dbff2f2bcdbf33715b22c.png

U3URxsV.png

All that horsepower but it's so under utilized. Why have a gaming phone when it's not really treated as a legit gaming device by the big gaming studios. Smartphones should have been the handheld gaming replacements of your PSPs or DS's but we never see the type of titles they had for Android. It's all mostly shovelware paywall nonsense and sketchy stuff you hope isn't a scam to take your personal data.  When you hear gaming you think dedicated games like RPGs, FPS, third person shooters, fighting games, etc. There's nothing dedicated with Android. Just go to the Android store and look at the top 10 paid games. Is any of that worth a gaming phone? If I bought a console and those were my gaming options I'd be annoyed. 

Simple answer to your question:

Simply because the word "gaming" sells!

"Only the Dual Phone 2 held its ground here"

No... both both the Dual Phone 2 and the RedMagic 6 Pro held their ground. First test gave 5858 and 5766 whereas the second test shown was 5797 and 5675. This means the RedMagic lost 91 while the Dual lost 61, but wait there's more, if you put those into percentages the Dual still had 98.95% while the RedMagic still had 98.42%, a whopping 0.53% difference between the units, something that could fall in line with margin of error...

Equally I hardly call a 3rd run a long gaming session, regardless if it is the 20 minute session or 3x3 minute ones... So maybe do the math before you go out and hate on a product for a .5% difference in performance? (something I doubt a user would notice between the 2 in real life usage) The product is technically the worst overall, but it is equal in that test.

If I was crazy enough to buy one of these phones it would be either the Dual or the RedMagic, likely the RedMagic thanks to its price. Only concern for me is the hot spot location, the USB cable? Not so much, the angle cables don't bug me when in portrait (and likely won't bug most as well)

Do we know the US market release date for the ROG phone 5? Linus said May in the video. My S8 is wheezing (barely charge the thing anymore) and trying to hold out for the new ROG phone. I'd seen these imported phones, as the link redirects to, but they say no warranty. Anyone know if there's any network compatibility issues with the imported phones, or is the International version actually the same the world around? Anyway, still plan to hold out because I'm not too crazy about dropping a $1,000+ on something that may or may not work.

5 hours ago, NinjaChemist said:

Do we know the US market release date for the ROG phone 5? Linus said May in the video. My S8 is wheezing (barely charge the thing anymore) and trying to hold out for the new ROG phone. I'd seen these imported phones, as the link redirects to, but they say no warranty. Anyone know if there's any network compatibility issues with the imported phones, or is the International version actually the same the world around? Anyway, still plan to hold out because I'm not too crazy about dropping a $1,000+ on something that may or may not work.

Don't import, USA uses different bandwidth than China/EU, so you may not get internet with certain internet providers in USA.  

Just wait, one benefit is of the gaming phone that it will last long compared to S8. I expect you only to charge every 3 days with moderate use. 

7 hours ago, Strategic said:

Don't import, USA uses different bandwidth than China/EU, so you may not get internet with certain internet providers in USA.

Excuse me?

image.png.f3a87497331a76815a89d89908be346c.png

It's called research, most phones if not all (less Sammys shipping with Exynos) will ship with identical components. The only difference will be the ROMs, for example the EU ROM will come with little to no bloatware thanks to their laws, whereas Chinas ROM will come with no Google apps thanks to their laws (along with possibly invasive spyware, who knows).

So long they are not buying a phone for 5G solely (tho the ROG will work flawlessly in Canada including 5G) and they don't live in a 3G only area buying and importing a ROG phone 5 will work totally fine on all networks.

My last 2 phones are imports, and 2/3 others in the past were as well. I'm missing 4/8 4g network bands with my phone 0 issues now, 0 issues in the past. You just need to do a little research to make the right choice for your purchase.

On 5/2/2021 at 11:05 PM, Egg-Roll said:

Excuse me?

image.png.f3a87497331a76815a89d89908be346c.png

It's called research, most phones if not all (less Sammys shipping with Exynos) will ship with identical components. The only difference will be the ROMs, for example the EU ROM will come with little to no bloatware thanks to their laws, whereas Chinas ROM will come with no Google apps thanks to their laws (along with possibly invasive spyware, who knows).

So long they are not buying a phone for 5G solely (tho the ROG will work flawlessly in Canada including 5G) and they don't live in a 3G only area buying and importing a ROG phone 5 will work totally fine on all networks.

My last 2 phones are imports, and 2/3 others in the past were as well. I'm missing 4/8 4g network bands with my phone 0 issues now, 0 issues in the past. You just need to do a little research to make the right choice for your purchase.

Thanks for the advice, but I'll hold out until it officially releases in the US. I was mainly hoping someone knew the exact date. So far, all I've seen is Q2 2021, and Linus's video saying May 2021. I've regretted every time I panic-bought something.

2 hours ago, NinjaChemist said:

Thanks for the advice, but I'll hold out until it officially releases in the US. I was mainly hoping someone knew the exact date. So far, all I've seen is Q2 2021, and Linus's video saying May 2021. I've regretted every time I panic-bought something.

Fair enough, I usually buy phones that are hard to find here, sold by another provider (could buy from them unlocked thanks to laws, but that's a hassle), cheaper to do so or don't ship here naturally.

If this was 10 or so years ago the other person would not have been wrong esp with AWS, however nowadays it's typically a all in one package for streamlining (and thanks to tech) manufacturing process.

• 1 month later...
On 5/2/2021 at 9:54 AM, NinjaChemist said:

I lied! I dropped the $1100 and the phone doesn't work on Verizon. I swapped the SIM and get 4G/5G data, but no voice/text. Anyone else using this phone on Verizon? I'd appreciate learning a good work around. It'd save me a lot of marital stress. Not sure why saving money by switching to Mint mobile would make someone angry, but absolutely sure one person will be incredibly pissed.

Otherwise, it's a sweet phone.