PC reboots when trying to launch warzone

Viper-694

Warzone was working just fine until the update a week ago, now when it try to launch the game the screen goes black and my PC reboots. 

Specs:

Cpu: ryzen 5800x

Mobo: Asus tuf x570-pro

Ram: 64gb @ 3600mhz (don't remember make and modle)

Gpu: rtx 3090

Psu: evga 750watt

I'm really not sure what to do. I was running the game just fine 2 weeks ago. Cyberpunk and Witcher 3 run just fine maxed out. The update seems to have broke something with the game. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and the battlenet client as well as updating graphics drivers. 

How old is that power supply?  Which specific one is it of EVGA's?  9/10 times when a PC just loses power and hard resets like if you clicked the reset button, it's the power supply, 1/10 it's a crazy power draw from something malfunctioning or grounding out.

750W is the minimum required for an RTX 3090, also.

13 minutes ago, Viper-694 said:

Warzone was working just fine until the update a week ago, now when it try to launch the game the screen goes black and my PC reboots. 

Specs:

Cpu: ryzen 5800x

Mobo: Asus tuf x570-pro

Ram: 64gb @ 3600mhz (don't remember make and modle)

Gpu: rtx 3090

Psu: evga 750watt

I'm really not sure what to do. I was running the game just fine 2 weeks ago. Cyberpunk and Witcher 3 run just fine maxed out. The update seems to have broke something with the game. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and the battlenet client as well as updating graphics drivers. 

I'll second the other replies and suggest it's the PSU. The PSU might not be able to put out the power needed, and whatever changed in the game is causing the GPU to run harder. Most OEM systems use a 1000w PSU for this configuration.

Psu is evga 750 g5 supernova and its new. I bought it a couple months before the rest of the PC because at the time psu's were hard to get. Then I was going for a 3080 and got the 3090 when I got the opportunity. I was a little worried about this when the reviews of the 3090 came out. I have a bigger one in my server I could swap but that's my least favorite part of PC building.

4 minutes ago, Viper-694 said:

Psu is evga 750 g5 supernova and its new. I bought it a couple months before the rest of the PC because at the time psu's were hard to get. Then I was going for a 3080 and got the 3090 when I got the opportunity. I was a little worried about this when the reviews of the 3090 came out. I have a bigger one in my server I could swap but that's my least favorite part of PC building.

Yep.. the glory isn't free. LOL  I would suggest trying the higher wattage PSU when you feel like it, it's more than likely your problem.

10 minutes ago, si1enze said:

Yep.. the glory isn't free. LOL  I would suggest trying the higher wattage PSU when you feel like it, it's more than likely your problem.

I would have thought cyberpunk would have been the game to cause power issues since maxes out the gpu. Warzone must be spiking both the cpu and gpu at the same time or something. 

Did you enable XMP/DOCP for your memory, or just set the frequency to 3200 and left everything else as it was?

5 minutes ago, plalolopkia said:

Did you enable XMP/DOCP for your memory, or just set the frequency to 3200 and left everything else as it was?

Docp is enabled. 

Viper I had the same issue and have JUST resolved it. I have just gotten a new pc with very similar specs to you. Have you checked to see if your BIOS is up to date. That was the issue with mine. It had been installed into the pc but not updated. I had to go through the ASUS support website, download AI Suite 3 and the update. Here is an instructional video https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1012152/ 

I hope this helps! I have been on all day trying to fix this so I know how frustrating it can be. 

20 hours ago, meeminey said:

Viper I had the same issue and have JUST resolved it. I have just gotten a new pc with very similar specs to you. Have you checked to see if your BIOS is up to date. That was the issue with mine. It had been installed into the pc but not updated. I had to go through the ASUS support website, download AI Suite 3 and the update. Here is an instructional video https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1012152/ 

I hope this helps! I have been on all day trying to fix this so I know how frustrating it can be. 

I'll give that a try before I rip two computers apart.