trying to figure out a nice balanced mini PC

Joe 274

Budget (including currency): 500€ - 1000€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  minecraft, Genshin impact, GTFO, CS

Case: Cooler Master Elite 130, Mini ITX
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G 4x 3.70GHz
Mainboard: Asrock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac
GPU: Still trying to figure this one out
RAM: 8GB corsair Vengeance LPX Kit DDR4 2.666MHz
SSD: 250GB Samsung 860 EVO M.2 and 240GB Crucial BX500
Power Supply: 600W be quiet! System Power B9 ATX Black
CPU Cooler: xilence performance series

Hi 

First time building a PC. thats what i came up with , any recommandations to improve this build?

Yep. Change your case. I've had this one, airflow is really poor, also cable management is extremely hard - custome one is only way to have it working well. TBH only advantage of this case is 5.25" bay... To keep it cool it'll be loud. Lack of fans and airflow is extremely poor.

EVGA X299 Micro, i7-7820X, 16GB GoodRAM IRDM X, PNY RTX 2070 Super, 1x Adata S70 Blade 512GB, 1x MX500 1TB, 1x BX200 480GB, Thermaltake Smart SE 630W, Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Why did you choose a 3400G actually? Are you planning to run games from the integrated gpu or do you want to add a gpu later? Either you can also choose to have a compact as possible pc or have a case that also fits a graphics card, since it's kind of limiting for ITX.

I think you should pick a better psu, unless you only want to use the 3400G only, then it's fine.

Maybe for the ram 16gb is a better choice these days. You would have to upgrade 8gb later on anyway. Also if you choose an ITX board, usually you only have 2 ram slots, so better to go 16gb right away instead of going 8gb first and having to replace them later. I play Genshin Impact too and it's one of the heavier free to play games, it will run fine on 8gb ram though.

2 minutes ago, FRD said:

Why did you choose a 3400G actually? .

Depends on pricing I guess. In the US they have been inflated above the price of the i5 11500, to the point where it is better going intel

21 hours ago, FRD said:

Why did you choose a 3400G actually? Are you planning to run games from the integrated gpu or do you want to add a gpu later? Either you can also choose to have a compact as possible pc or have a case that also fits a graphics card, since it's kind of limiting for ITX.

I think you should pick a better psu, unless you only want to use the 3400G only, then it's fine.

Maybe for the ram 16gb is a better choice these days. You would have to upgrade 8gb later on anyway. Also if you choose an ITX board, usually you only have 2 ram slots, so better to go 16gb right away instead of going 8gb first and having to replace them later. I play Genshin Impact too and it's one of the heavier free to play games, it will run fine on 8gb ram though.

I found the 3400 for the same price as i5 so i went with that. I wanted to add a gpu later on but not necessarily since I will mainly play Genshin on it and it should be fine on the integrated graphics card right?
thanks for the suggestion with the RAM and PSU

21 hours ago, siewcu said:

Yep. Change your case. I've had this one, airflow is really poor, also cable management is extremely hard - custome one is only way to have it working well. TBH only advantage of this case is 5.25" bay... To keep it cool it'll be loud. Lack of fans and airflow is extremely poor.

do you a have a recommendation what case I should go for?

3 hours ago, Joe 274 said:

do you a have a recommendation what case I should go for?

Nope, I can't help you with that - I've sold this CM and changed it to full ATX case :D but stayed with my old mini ITX motherboard xD My friend has bought some Thermaltake case, but it was for micro ATX board... It's nice and not too big, but stilll bigger than CM 130. It's kinda hard to find small and well built mini ITX case, unfortunately you either go small and hard to build or something bigger and well organised setup... :(

EVGA X299 Micro, i7-7820X, 16GB GoodRAM IRDM X, PNY RTX 2070 Super, 1x Adata S70 Blade 512GB, 1x MX500 1TB, 1x BX200 480GB, Thermaltake Smart SE 630W, Phanteks Enthoo Pro