Cheap reliable PSU in my local market for a low budget build

Seallussus
Go to solution Solved by Alan G,

I used the Seasonic S12II in my PC that drove my television tuner.  It was on 24/7 for three years without any problems at all using Win7.  I built a new system, updating to Win10 and donated the old one to charity.  As long as you are not too demanding, the Seasonic unit will be just fine.

Making this build, hopefully very soon:
Intel Core i3-10100F
Gigabyte H410M S2H
Crucial 4GB DDR4
SSD

2 HDD

Currently an old GTX card but I hope to upgrade to an rx 570 or something similar, nothing too crazy anyway.

And right now I have a powerstation 2 450W PSU that I'm kinda worried about it damaging my new stuff.

So I would like to get a cheap and reliable PSU to make sure the Mobo+CPU+RAM are fine.

Problem is that I live in Egypt which means 2 things

1. No Amazon or similar sites. Just not an option.
  2. Limited local selection when it comes to all hardware especially PSUs

And this is why the excellent PSU Tier List is all but meaningless as the vast majority of those PSUs are not available in my country or absurdly expensive.

Anyway to limit it down I can pay up to about 55 dollars now for a PSU which kinda translates to 900 pounds. This is the absolute max I can pay now.

This limits me to those models:

SeaSonic S12II Bronze 430W

Deepcool DN500

Gigabyte P450B

Here is a very useful site that lists local sellers and their prices if you wanna take a look yourself.

All more than enough to power my system, I checked with pcpartpicker.

I did some searching and the SeaSonic S12II 430W got a good review from hardware secrets and some overall good arguments.

While the Gigabyte P450B had bad reviews all around and I can't find good reviews for Deepcool DN500

All 3 are under Tier D

However the SeaSonic S12II seems seems to be overall a good choice but since it gets more technical about why it's not great and the fact that I'm limited to the local market makes me ask:

Of the 3 which is better?

What are the problems of the seasonic and do they translate into anything real to my build?

Do I just save for another month and get something more expensive since all 3 are not much of an improvement?

Edit: I will just grab 1 stick of ram now to have it working then I can add more later or swap a 4GB with an 8GB and buy another 8GB yeah yeah dual channels and all but you go to war with the army you have. Like I said this already bankrupts me. SO. Lets just forget about everything except the PSU.

2 minutes ago, Seallussus said:

Crucial 4GB DDR4

Definitely consider upping this to 8. 4GB of ram is basically unusable these days.

3 minutes ago, Seallussus said:

Definitely one of these two. Don't know enough to say which

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

There's always mobile gaming.

I used the Seasonic S12II in my PC that drove my television tuner.  It was on 24/7 for three years without any problems at all using Win7.  I built a new system, updating to Win10 and donated the old one to charity.  As long as you are not too demanding, the Seasonic unit will be just fine.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10

11 hours ago, davemc said:

Definitely consider upping this to 8. 4GB of ram is basically unusable these days.

For basic Internet Usage and watching Videos 4GB will work. But it is better to have 8GB or more.

for the OP, use two 4GB sticks for better performance. Put one in, skip a Slot then insert the second.