What screws are these please?

Hello, I’m in a bit of a pickle as to what screws I need to get for my new components.

I originally bought this case as part of a custom build and it only came with 6 screws (already installed) as the motherboard was micro ATX. I now have a Z490 MSI Tomahawk and there are 9 mounting holes on the motherboard. 

From what I gather, I need motherboard standoff screws to prevent the motherboard from touching the case and then screws (I don’t know what type) to screw the motherboard into the standoffs.

The motherboard standoff has a length of 10mm, with a thread length of approx 4mm. Does anyone know the correct name/type please? 

I'm planning to get this from Amazon UK, is anyone able to check whether it contains the necessary screws I need please? I don't mind removing my current standoffs and replacing them with all new ones, if they fit in my mid Tower ATX case

https://www.amazon.co.uk/132pcs-Personal-Computer-Standoffs-Motherboard/dp/B07BVVPZMD/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=motherboard+standoffs&qid=1619720310&s=electronics&sr=1-3

Thank you for all your help and assistance!

IMG_0756.jpg

The Z490 Tomahawk is an ATX Motherboard not M ATX

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, AppleUK said:

Hello, I’m in a bit of a pickle as to what screws I need to get for my new components.

I originally bought this case as part of a custom build and it only came with 6 screws (already installed) as the motherboard was micro ATX. I now have a Z490 MSI Tomahawk and there are 9 mounting holes on the motherboard. 

From what I gather, I need motherboard standoff screws to prevent the motherboard from touching the case and then screws (I don’t know what type) to screw the motherboard into the standoffs.

The motherboard standoff has a length of 10mm, with a thread length of approx 4mm. Does anyone know the correct name/type please? 

I'm planning to get this from Amazon UK, is anyone able to check whether it contains the necessary screws I need please? I don't mind removing my current standoffs and replacing them with all new ones, if they fit in my mid Tower ATX case

https://www.amazon.co.uk/132pcs-Personal-Computer-Standoffs-Motherboard/dp/B07BVVPZMD/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=motherboard+standoffs&qid=1619720310&s=electronics&sr=1-3

Thank you for all your help and assistance!

IMG_0756.jpg

Those are riser screws I think

1 minute ago, davemc said:

The Z490 Tomahawk is an ATX Motherboard not M ATX

Yes indeed which is why I need another 3 of those gold and black screws I just don't know what they are exactly. I've checked my case and it has those 9 mounting holes marked with an A for ATX. 

Maybe I should rephrase it another way, can I just remove all my existing standoff screws and buy some new ones from Amazon. I assume the holes sizes are the same for pretty much all cases/motherboards?

Maybe just buying a completely new set of risers, is the better way rather than trying to find ones with the same depth as my existing risers?

Stand offs and motherboard screws are typically a 6-32 UNC Screw for both the female threads and the male threads. Sometimes they're metric screws even though the ATX standard requires imperial screws and measurements.

Edit: Looking at your standoff it's a very coarse thread so its most likely a #6-32 UNC.

Also its pretty worth while to invest in a Thread Pitch Gauge. They're pretty cheap and they remove all the guess work from figuring out what thread a screw or bolt is. Use the TPG to get the thread and then all you have to do is measure the length and you can get exactly what you need.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

brass looking one is a motherboard stand-off screw and it bolts to the case holes designed for it. After that, the motherboard is placed on them and the black screws at the bottom are screwed into the brass ones through motherboard cutouts. 

For further instructions, read motherboard manual.

Thank you for all your help, I have managed to find the correct screws!

Many thanks 👍👍