Do i need to buy fans for the NZXT h510? if so how many and which ones

Budget (including currency): 50 cdn

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: anything on steam 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

do i get fans for it?

If you can don't get that case it has bad airflow. If you already have it. Yeah deck it out with all the fans to make sure your components stay somewhat cool some arctic p12/p14's will do good.

10 minutes ago, ShieldWasTaken said:

Budget (including currency): 50 cdn

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: anything on steam 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

do i get fans for it?

"Do i need to buy fans for the NZXT h510?"

Not really.

The H510 has 2x 120mm fans included and they should be enough for a low/mid-range build. 

If you are building a high end PC then you shouldn't buy the H510. 

The H510 isn't a bad case but it does have limited airflow because of the closed front panel.

CPU: i9 9900K   Cooler: NH-D15   RAM: Kingston Fury 4 x 8GB 3600MHz CL17   Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F   GPU: ASUS 3080 TUF   Case: In Win D-Frame   PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS), 500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (Games), 2TB Crucial BX500 SSD (Storage)   Monitor: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9. 

1 minute ago, Boyohan said:

"Do i need to buy fans for the NZXT h510?"

Not really.

The H510 has 2x 120mm fans included, 1x in the front for intake and 1x in the back for exhaust and they should be enough for a low/mid-range build. 

If you are building a high end PC then you shouldn't buy the H510. 

is it enough for a 3070 and a 11600k?

1 minute ago, ShieldWasTaken said:

What cooler do you plan to use for the 11600K ?

The 3070 could be a little bit toasty because of the limited fresh intake air. 

CPU: i9 9900K   Cooler: NH-D15   RAM: Kingston Fury 4 x 8GB 3600MHz CL17   Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F   GPU: ASUS 3080 TUF   Case: In Win D-Frame   PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS), 500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (Games), 2TB Crucial BX500 SSD (Storage)   Monitor: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9. 

5 minutes ago, jaslion said:

If you can don't get that case it has bad airflow. If you already have it. Yeah deck it out with all the fans to make sure your components stay somewhat cool some arctic p12/p14's will do good.

what'sd a case you recommend? i havent actually bought anything yet because stock problems

1 minute ago, Boyohan said:

What cooler do you plan to use for the 11600K ?

The 3070 could be a little bit toasty because of the limited fresh intake air. 

i've decided that i wont get a h510 because the thermals arent great. im just gonna get a coolermaster 212 evo because thats what pcpartpicker told me to get

4 minutes ago, ShieldWasTaken said:

What you have here is the ingredients for an Easy Bake Oven. You seriously need a better case for these components.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

1 minute ago, Chris Pratt said:

What you have here is the ingredients for an Easy Bake Oven. You seriously need a better case for these components.

thank s im going to go look for better cases

5 minutes ago, ShieldWasTaken said:

i've decided that i wont get a h510 because the thermals arent great. im just gonna get a coolermaster 212 evo because thats what pcpartpicker told me to get

The CM Hyper 212 Evo is fine for the 11600K even with a small overclock. 

You want to look at cases with a mesh front panel and minimum of 2-3 included case fans (unless you buy extra fans yourself). 

These are some of the best airflow cases from the last year. 

Lian Li Lancool II Mesh

be quiet! Pure Base 500DX

be quiet! Silent Base 802

Corsair 4000D Airflow

Phanteks P500A Digital

Fractal Meshify 2 / Fractal Meshify 2 Compact

Lian Li LANCOOL 215 Mesh

3 minutes ago, Boyohan said:

You want to look at cases with a mesh front panel and minimum of 2-3 included case fans (unless you buy extra fans yourself). 

Lian Li Lancool II Mesh

Corsair 4000D Airflow

Phanteks P500A Digital

thank , will look into those

14 minutes ago, Boyohan said:

Lian Li Lancool II Mesh

Corsair 4000D Airflow

Phanteks P500A Digital

Lian Li LANCOOL 215 Mesh

Don't forget the corsair 275R airflow!

3 minutes ago, MechWill said:

Don't forget the corsair 275R airflow!

Also a good case. 

37 minutes ago, ShieldWasTaken said:

what'sd a case you recommend? i havent actually bought anything yet because stock problems

aince you haven't bought it, I'd recommend something like the meshify c, or if thats to expensive, the 275r airfllow

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now