Germany Eizo FS2333-BK

ThomasterXXL
Go to solution Solved by ZetZet,

It's not perfect and it's hella expensive. Also new monitors have no input lag anyways. Like Dell U2414H.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2414h.htm

Hello there! I am German and I live in Germany in Europe where Europeans and Germans live.

I need to buy a new monitor and I have set my sights upon the Eizo FS2333-BK.

To sum it up this monitor seems almost perfect... too perfect...

The negative aspects I could collect from some reviews are:

Settings can only be adjusted with remote (I don't care)
Basic presets are sub-optimal, customizing those is a must (Might be a hassle... no biggie though)

Used to have ergonomic issues which the BK-variant supposedly fixed (Images of the BK-Model underline this problem being fixed)

Overdrive-feature causes inferior image-quality, but turning it off doesn't really set back the performance of this monitor

edit: Oh and the tilting function is a little rough... but yeah, peanuts and such

My own two issues are that it is only 23" and it's rather expensive with 290-300€ which is about 400$-412$
I'd prefer something with 27" or maybe even 30"+, but as it stands too much speaks for the FS2333-BK.

I'm not too much of a gamer, but when I do play (online) I'd like to have a little edge to make up for my sucky ping and my sleep deprivation^^

Another problem of mine is that I don't trust the reviews I've read at all. Especially since they're waaay too positive overall and they never made it look like this monitor had any serious competition to begin with while listing some negligible downsides to give the illusion of having looked at it objectively- and it being kind of expensive. 

So I thought this would be the perfect place to ask actual end-users about their experiences and recommendations. If there aren't any more downsides or competitors, I'm pretty set on buying this one. Though, I'd really love some more inches...

http://www.eizo.de/monitore/foris/23-zoll/FS2333.html

http://www.eizo.com/global/products/foris/fs2333/index.html

Thank you for taking the time to read my crap :)

It's not perfect and it's hella expensive. Also new monitors have no input lag anyways. Like Dell U2414H.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2414h.htm

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

After doing comparisions for hours I've decided that the Dell U2414H is exactly like what I was about to buy  but with less gimmicks and more actually useful features like better connectivity. Plus its production is environmentally friendlier AND it has an inch more! The only two things that it doesn't do better are 8ms response time instead of 3.4, but it's not a difference a human could notice anyway and the U2414H supposedly has a slightly worse s-RBG color gamut whatever that may be. Maybe I would notice a difference if I didn't hallucinate little colored animals all the time, but that'd mean I'd have to sleep more than four hours a day and that's not a compromise I'm willing to make...

So if I went through with it, I'd have paid like 75€ (~100$) just to be able to see enemies slightly better in shadows in a small selection of online shooters... Thanks for saving me from committing the second greatest mistake of my life. (the greatest being trying to commit suicide by jumping out of a window after having pulled a plastic bag over my head to suffocate myself. Needless to say I survived because I didn't manage to jump out of the window due to my inability to see through white plastic... Oh, I'm getting off-topic...)

Sadly I can't just upgrade to a 27 inch version of the U2414H...

Either I pay twice the price for a 2560x1440 model or I buy a monitor that has a considerably worse gamut and I'm now hellbent on experiencing this "better representation of colors".