I need some GPU Help.

Topi
Go to solution Solved by Radium_Angel,

You are fine, turn off PC, unplug NVlink and 2nd video card, give card to me friend and power your system back up, the nVidia software will handle the rest.

Depending on the games you play, your FPS may even go up, SLI isn't well supported anymore

I have a prebuilt machine. Im not tech savvy and don’t know who to ask, I am running 2 Nvidia RTX 2080s in SLI (idk with an NV link bridge). I want to give one of them to my friend but im unsure if I can just unplug it and remove the bridge, or if I must do some software stuff beforehand or after to do so. I think I don’t need dual GPUs because when im playing games my second GPU, according to task manager, is barely getting any usage.

Im using an Alienware Area 51 that I bought quite a while ago. But the 2 GPUs im using are from MSI which I, with help of my co-worker, installed after the fact. I think I made a mistake by buying two at the time because now one of them is running at 85°C constantly and the other is not being used.

So can I just unplug the thing?

And

Will I get significant performance drops for COD warzone and other modern titles if I remove it?

Thanks for the help. Never used the forum before, im sorry if I did something wrong by posting it in this section.

You are fine, turn off PC, unplug NVlink and 2nd video card, give card to me friend and power your system back up, the nVidia software will handle the rest.

Depending on the games you play, your FPS may even go up, SLI isn't well supported anymore

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

<-- Moved to Graphics Cards -->

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card