Mobile Gaming Desktop

Hepheh

Hello Everyone!

Im going to build my first pc, and had an important question:

Since I will be moving this system almost every weekend, a friend recommended going for a mini ITX build..

I was wondering if a regular midi tower build is really that fragile?

I dont really like the mini ITX builds, because I like big and over the top looks to the case..

Please help me! Advice/tips are more than welcome!

Thanks in advance

mATX intel build like a Asus Gryphon board a i5 and a nice Graphics card in a 350D from corsair

Bigger case but is still small and has room for 2 graphics cards 

Main Rig: White Lightning  = -Intel Core i7 3770 (4.1Ghz)-Zalman CNPS12X-MSI Z77A-G45-16GB G2 Patriot-MSI GTX 660TI OC PE-Corsair 650W-Corsair 600t White-

Laptop: MSI GT60 = -Intel Core i7 4700MQ-MSI GTX 770M-

Peripherals: Corsair K90-Corsair M90- Corsair 2100-CM Storm Quickfire TK (Green Switch)-Logitech G700

the reason why mitx builds are more suited for a mobile use case, is that they're simply not as heavy as a regular atx system. if you dont mind carrying an extra 10 poundsevery time without gaining performance a regular atx build would suit your needs.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

the reason why mitx builds are more suited for a mobile use case, is that they're simply not as heavy as a regular atx system. if you dont mind carrying an extra 10 poundsevery time without gaining performance a regular atx build would suit your needs.

I dont mind carrying around the weight, if I did I wouldve bought a laptop haha, its just that my friend says a regular atx build will break pretty fast when you move it. Only thing that bothered me is that if what he says is true im wondering why midi tower cases are still made with handles.

The bigger larger case, can get damaged more easily than the mITX, just because it's heavier.

ITX is the way to go when you are going to be moving the system quite a lot, because it's just lighter to carry around.

Personally I don't like big cases at all, the more efficient the better, why the hell would I need 15 extra cm on the front if I'm only going to put 1 hard drive, that can be placed right next to the PSU on the bottom.

You can go ATX with a CM Scout 2 case. The handle makes it easy to haul around.

The bitfenix prodigy sounds like it fits your needs, if you will be going for a ITX bulid

here is some good things

-Looks good

-Portable, with handles

-Well built

-"Gaming" grade components will fit and get enough air 

Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Cpu: i7 3820 at 4.3 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 | Gpu: XFX hd 7970 Ghz 1100Mhz/1600Mhz Ram: Crucial BallistiX Elite 16GB 2x8 Gb 1866 Mhz

SSD's: 2x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 GB in RAID 0 HDD:Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 Rpm

Cpu cooler: Corsair H100i with SP120's | Psu: Corsair TX 850W My monitors: 3x BenQ 24"  GL2460 = Eyefinity

The Prodigy case is perfect its small, durable and speaking from past experience just an overall great case for its size and price.

If you really need to go with a mini ITX this is the case I would go with.

Connor Freebairn - ConnorFreebairn@newman.cumbria.sch.uk
IT Technician & Certified computer geek.

Matx, nzxt Vulcan

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

The Prodigy case is perfect its small, durable and speaking from past experience just an overall great case for its size and price.

If you really need to go with a mini ITX this is the case I would go with.

But do I really need to go with one, thats really my question.. As long as im moving the midi tower, regular atx pc on its side, so with gravity pushing the gpu and cpu heatsink down onto the mobo, I should be perfectly fine right? I dont care for the weight, again, if I did I wouldve bought a laptop  :P

But do I really need to go with one, thats really my question.. As long as im moving the midi tower, regular atx pc on its side, so with gravity pushing the gpu and cpu heatsink down onto the mobo, I should be perfectly fine right? I dont care for the weight, again, if I did I wouldve bought a laptop  :P

That should be fine, if you are scared that you might damage the parts maybe buy an extra supporting bracket for the graphics card or put some foam inside when moving the case.

That should be fine, if you are scared that you might damage the parts maybe buy an extra supporting bracket for the graphics card or put some foam inside when moving the case.

Ive never heard of supporting brackets for the gpu?! Do they excist? haha, That would be the perfect solution =) Thanks for the help!

Ive never heard of supporting brackets for the gpu?! Do they excist? haha, That would be the perfect solution =) Thanks for the help!

Depends on the case and graphics card, even then I am sure you can modify your own :P .

Depends on the case and graphics card, even then I am sure you can modify your own :P .

I hope I can find one for the Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 Advanced case with an Msi n780 gpu, making one myself would be an option, but id rather buy one knowing its good haha, im like tim taylor when it comes to making things..

I hope I can find one for the Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 Advanced case with an Msi n780 gpu, making one myself would be an option, but id rather buy one knowing its good haha, im like tim taylor when it comes to making things..

I know what you mean, the chances are even if its not an official bracket there are plenty of decent moded ones out there, one will fit your system.

I know what you mean, the chances are even if its not an official bracket there are plenty of decent moded ones out there, one will fit your system.

I sure would be happy as **** if im able to find one of those here in europe, thanks again for bringing this up! You made my day xD

Hi again,

Ive been searching around a bit and found 3 options:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1422953/official-msi-gtx-780-lightning-owners-club/1670

This seems to be the best one, but I cannot find what it is, do you have any experience with these or do you know anyone who might know what this is?

The other 2 options arent really that great for transport since those are only support beams, not attached to the case or anything.

EDIT:

Ive found what this is, it comes with the CM 690 II case!